Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter issues and questions (merged)

After landing to uncontrolled airport you can close your plan by sending CLOSE mesaage via autorouter using Telegram.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I use “arrival hhmm” … what’s the difference?

arrival hhmm is a recognized command.
close gives “Command not recognized.”

ESTL

Hello,
I tried to file the following VFR FPL this afternoon but it was rejected. I had to file it with SD.
What am I doing wrong ?

Jean
EBST, Belgium

As a follow-up to the previous discussion (my question and good answers) I would like to report my first live IFR Flight Plan filing with Autorouter.
Everything went fine, Autorouter is a fantastic tool, I cannot say it too often (from my limited view of course)
For the return flight there was an ATC changed SID for which Autorouter sent an update by e-mail just before. What a service and for free !
Just one question my instructor asked and that I could not answer ( he uses Rocket FP) : what if Eurocontrol assigns precise slots, does Autorouter show them explicitly ?

EDRT, ELLX, Luxembourg

You’ll get the slots by SMS and e-mail IIRC

LFPT, LFPN

Aviathor wrote:

You’ll get the slots by SMS and e-mail IIRC

And telegram if that is set up.

EGTK Oxford

I would hazard a guess that out if 10 private pilots still using Rocketroute, at least 6 or 7 of them do so because they have never heard of autorouter.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Rocketroute, at least 6 or 7 of them do so because

If you only have your iPhone (no tablet/PC), I believe RR is still quicker for producing a flight plan. That is what my RR-friends tell me, and it looks like they are right. For IFR I still use autorouter (and sometimes AeroPlus) for many of the reasons mentioned here, and for VFR I use SkyDemon at the moment.

huv
EKRK, Denmark

huv wrote:

If you only have your iPhone (no tablet/PC), I believe RR is still quicker for producing a flight plan. That is what my RR-friends tell me, and it looks like they are right.

I don’t think that is true now. It probably was in the past. I actually found RR very bad on a phone. Its great strength was its telephone support.

Last Edited by JasonC at 23 Aug 20:39
EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message