Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter issues and questions (merged)

Indeed, Achim “left” 6 times, with his #6 departure early in 2018.

The early association with EuroGA was very useful to help launch his product.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

loco wrote:

- unable to type departure time

BTW you can type time – just tap or click in the hours/minutes box and type numbers.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

BTW you can type time – just tap or click in the hours/minutes box and type numbers.

Oh yes, click the small time input field, click the left lower hour input field, type hour, click the lower right minute input field or press “tab”, type minutes, click somewhere else to make it go away.

In RR: Click time input field, type time, go to other field.

LPFR, Poland

Indeed, Achim “left” 6 times, with his #6 departure early in 2018.
The early association with EuroGA was very useful to help launch his product.

You keep on posting that, always with that underlying bitter tone. Why?

I think Achim owes you nothing. He has also contributed a lot of good stuff on EuroGa (not at all only in relation to autorouter) for many years.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 29 Aug 15:10
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I agree that time input is inconvenient on autorouter.

I also have rarely had reliability problems. However, I have found that they are often helped by emptying cache / cookies / local storage / … of the browser.

ELLX

Due to the AR’s past association with EuroGA, which was heavily promoted, in the form of

• spending a lot of time running this site
  • printing thousands of leaflets mentioning the AR
  • distributing these leaflets to airports all over Europe (actually also at various ferry stops to the US)
  • airmailing them to 100+ aeroclubs (that wasn’t cheap)
  • AR getting loads of SEO via EuroGA
  • David did loads of work on the OAUTH integration (AR login via EuroGA) – easily 4 digits’ worth at today’s software rates
  • etc

lots of people contact me personally (email and PMs) asking what’s happened to the AR, why has Achim (and Tomjnx) vanished, why aren’t they sometimes aren’t getting responses to support tickets, why is my route going all over the place, why can’t it find a route, etc, etc. So I have to tell them the guys behind it have vanished, and can you try raising a support ticket there… After a few hundred of these I get a bit fed up with it.

I even had an “admin job” for a year or two on it, checking and approving new signups and weeding out obvious jokers. They had 4k+ signups during that time.

In fact Achim & Co let down other people here too – because lots of people distributed the leaflets around airports around Europe.

Achim did indeed post a lot of good stuff, though with increasing personal attacks over time. He would also disappear for months or a year at a time for reasons which were mostly variations of the “we must have free speech; moderation on a forum is nazi censorship” theme (which has also come up with 1 or 2 others, as the old-timers here will remember). Each time I would reply that an unmodded site will just get trashed… obviously! Why Tom left I have no idea; I had some comms with him and he said he just got busy elsewhere. He popped up here a few weeks ago, briefly, and disappeared again.

There was never any material dispute and indeed nobody owes anybody anything. However, to any outsider, it just looks bloody childish to walk away from the project and pretend to disappear from the forum which was heavily used to promote it.

And people still post AR related questions on EuroGA because it is the only English language forum covering it…

The result is that no commercial entity will consider licensing the product.

For the past year or two, EuroGA has been in a very nice period of tranquility and I am sure everybody likes that

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I get your point, to a degree, but I still think he has done as much for EuroGA as you have done for autorouter. A huge ton of (mostly timeless) really good posts, still there, for everybody to benefit from.

However, to any outsider, it just looks bloody childish to walk away from the project

He certainly has not walked away from the autorouter project as such. Sure, the development pace is no longer as fast it was a few years ago, but that is entirely normal with a mature product such as autorouter. Achim is an entrepreneur, and a creator, so as soon as some project is mature, he moves on the next one.

Just saying… please get on with it. It’s YOUR such bitter posts that look a bit childish, rather.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I’ve used Autorouter exclusively for three years. Any issues I’ve had have been dealt with promptly by Tom or Achim.

Great product!

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

Same here! Couldn’t be more satisfied.

ESOW, Sweden

I’ve used Autorouter exclusively for three years. Any issues I’ve had have been dealt with promptly by Tom or Achim.

I made the same experience as ChrisParker. Problems are solved immediately by Achim and Tom. Autorouter is great.

EDDS , Germany
Sign in to add your message