Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter issues and questions (merged)

Stravej Vladimir,

actually the situation has improved quite a bit for Swiss customers. I recently checked some options and find that the data only subscriptions like for tablets e.t.c with Swisscom do now offer rather economical tarifs as compared to before. On my phone I buy either one day or one month subscriptions if i am abroad, the one month one with 200 mb is about CHF19.-, one of which I am using now in Bulgaria. I am here now 2 weeks and have used 20 mb…. (of course I have wlan in the house…)

Re the Skybriefing PC’s: They are indeed dedicated (as the homebriefing ones were) and only run that product. However, most airfields either have wlan or other PC stations which can use other things.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

€ 30/month for 5 GB and 3 Simcards (3G). Vodafone Germany, but an old contract. Unfortunately if I want LTE I’d have to give up my 5 GB. So i stay with 3G … for now

Autorouter wish list is getting shorter – it’s simply fab.

- iPhone App (proper native, like ForeFlight not RocketRoute)
- Database of previously filed routes – like ForeFlight shows previously filed routes, not just validating routes.
- maybe a VFR Airspace autorouter – keeping out of airspace so if VFR, you can program your Garmin and then use DIRECT TO as you negotiate airspace clearances.

I very much appreciate the effort Achim has put into this great tool for the IFR community – thank you.

It must have been a fantastic learning experience to develop that tool. I too am quite impressed by it. I particularly like the briefing pack including NAV plan with very accurate wind forecasts, climb performance, w&b, the ability to download charts, and the fantastic routes it comes up with although I prefer routes with a moderate amount of DCT. I do not understand the necessity of all the altitude changes so I tend to manually edit the FPL to get rid of them. I also think that the authors have gone somewhat overboard with the briefing, particularly with the synoptic charts.

One thing I have a hard time doing in the autorouter though, is something really simple as changing the date/time of a flight.

LFPT, LFPN

I couldn’t open anything except skybriefing and homebriefing.ch. I don’t know if they have changed that in Zurich.

Apparently they did, there’s a sticker on the computers saying “for skybriefing only”, but autorouter.eu and flugwetter.de worked nevertheless.

LSZK, Switzerland

As part of recent software updates, the login to autorouter using https://router.euroga.org no longer functions. It should be fixed soon. If you need urgent access, please send us a message via the contact form.

Sorry about that.

David is working on it right now.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It’s fixed. Apologies.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

I finally found one flight for EuroFPL beat the autorouter wrt delivering the optimal route, for some reason!

autorouter:
LFPN N0132F070 EVX5N EVX N160 EVRUK H20 DPE DPE4A LFOP
189% overhead.

EuroFPL:
LFPN N0132F070 EVX5N EVX N160 EVRUK H20 ELBOX LFOP
69% overhead “only”

The RAD Airport Connectivity document AIRAC 1505 effective 30th April specifies (in the general ARR DEP condition tab) that the first waypoint of the STAR should be the last en-route point. In the ARR tab however, under LFOP, ELBOX is an H24 available arrival point.

I suppose that @achimha and @tomjnx may want to look into it some time…

LFPT, LFPN

Another little quirk: Why can I not update the speed – at least not by updating the flight plan at the top of the screen and validating? Modifying the altitude is no problem.

LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message