Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter issues and questions (merged)

With autorouter, you get multiple routes to choose from.

If there’s a STAR route it is presented as default, but you’re also presented with a non-STAR route, with ELBOX as last point. Just click on it to choose it.

BTW, I don’t know how you arrive at 69% overhead, if I calculate the overhead I get 79%… (route distance 94.8NM, direct distance 53.1NM)

LSZK, Switzerland

Thanks for the clarification, Tom. I thought it would always present the shortest route.

BTW, I don’t know how you arrive at 69% overhead, if I calculate the overhead I get 79%

I just took the number presented by EuroFPL. No maths done on my part :-)

LFPT, LFPN

Is it me, or are there problems with Autorouter this morning?

Just tried a route to LFLY and it finds the route but when you try to use it you get an SQL error.

Oxford and Bidford

That is a sporadic error we’ve been chasing for weeks — without success. Just try again when it fails.

Thanks Achim, I’ll try it again when I get home tonight.

Oxford and Bidford

For some time now I have used RocketRoute and Autorouter parallel. While I still file my flight planes with RR (subscription still valid for a month) I planned all flights in both systems and compared.

What I like better with RR:
- The ergonomics of the new (new!) app. Large buttons and fonts.
- The large map when I plan flights on the Mac at home
- Some parts of the briefing pack like the icing charts

What I like better with Autorouter
- Finds routes quicker
- Finds the better and shorter routes
- The price :-)

If Autorouter had a better interface for mobile phones I would not renew my subscription. And it’s all good when I sit at my kitchen desk. But for bright (sun) light I have problems reading and the buttons are way to small. To see it better i have to zoom in.

I don’t know if it’s necessary to make a app to solve this, but I am sure that’s what evybody wants on the mobile phone: Large letters, high(er) contrast and big buttons.

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 30 May 08:24

Achim/Thomas,

Any chance of adding (planned) fuel used and fuel remaining to the PLOG for each waypoint?

I do fuel checks if my wife forgets ;-) and it’s nice to check actual against the plan.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

Almost similar to Flyer 59, I use Autorouter for the briefing pack, but file with EuroFPL and use their plog. I’ve paid for a premium subscription….can’t remember when it falls due for renewal. Likelihood is that I won’t pay subscription again.

Oxford and Bidford

Achimha, quick question trying to know more how it works. I planned for LKKU-LZKZ with default build-in model PA28. 10 different options were presented to me with various combination – from complete IFR to complete VFR, 172M is generating the same number of option.. That´s fine and what I did expect. When I do the same search with SR20 I am offered only “IFR SID into VFR” and two VFR options, no full IFR option there. M20K is generating only 6 – but this time full IFR included. Looks there is something in the performance table preventing SR20 IFR arrival to LZKZ. I changed maximum descent rate from 1 000 into 2 000 fpm dive but this did not help. M20K has 1 000 fpm and allows me to get into LZKZ.
When flown last month vectors to ILS 01 required some faster descent but STAR will get me there comfortable and I believe descent performance should not limit the ability to fly IFR. Can you have a look at that sometime ? not a critical item definitely…

LKKU, LKTB

@Michal thanks for bringing this to our (my) attention.

I changed maximum descent rate from 1 000 into 2 000 fpm dive

Unfortunately that doesn’t always help anymore. The problem is Eurocontrol has some pretty bad performance model especially for GA aircraft. We used to override the worst of it by supplying our own 4D profiles calculated with the user’s performance data. Unfortunately, with their last software release, they have tightened what we can do to override this. For example, their model thinks the SR20 will need ~65NM to descend from F110 to airport altitude.

So the router first came up with:
HLV1G HLV P27 PPD R232 KSC MARKA7A on F110.

Then the Eurocontrol Profiler didn’t like it and issued a PROF50 error, thinking you would be descending too early. Our software then didn’t correctly process that PROF error, got confused and abandoned the I plan.

I changed it to come up with: HLV1G HLV P27 PPD R232 MARKA MARKA7A. This is exactly the same routing in all respects, but apparently more acceptable to Eurocontrol.

The change is not yet on the server, that will take some more time.

LSZK, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message