Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter issues and questions (merged)

Bug (or feature?) of EuroGA-Autorouter integration

Dear Achim and colleagues, is this a bug or a feature? I have recently changed an e-mail address in my my EuroGA account, and upon a subsequent login to Autorouter, I was suprised to see I had lost all my routes and aircraft profiles. However, a change to the old address in EuroGA immediately put everything back in order.
On a related topic…
…what arrangement is currently more advisable – logging into Autorouter via EuroGA or separately?
…is there a way to download/upload my Autorouter data (aircraft profiles, flight plans, routes) to/from my local computer in XML or any other human-editable format?

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Ultranomad wrote:

I have recently changed an e-mail address in my my EuroGA account, and upon a subsequent login to Autorouter, I was suprised to see I had lost all my routes and aircraft profiles.

autorouter accounts are identified by email addresses. New email address, new account. If you want to switch your account to another email address, you should open a support ticket.

Ultranomad wrote:

…what arrangement is currently more advisable – logging into Autorouter via EuroGA or separately?

Both options work equally well. You can convert a EuroGA based account to a standalone account should you need it.

Ultranomad wrote:

…is there a way to download/upload my Autorouter data (aircraft profiles, flight plans, routes) to/from my local computer in XML or any other human-editable format?

What would the use case be? We allow sharing aircraft definitions among users but we do not allow downloading definition files. Internally we represent each aircraft with a custom XML format (plus some database attributes). I haven’t identified any sensible use case that would require exposing that format yet.

Autorouter avoids France?

What is going on? I understand there is now a need for compulsory customs at all French airports but what happened to force routes to avoid overflying France completely?

Frequent travels around Europe

As you can see, it doesn’t avoid France.

It might well be the best routing. As you know, there is no airway to cross Switzerland southwestbound (except via Geneva, which might be a similar detour).

Last Edited by boscomantico at 15 Nov 17:56
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Stephan_Schwab wrote:

I understand there is now a need for compulsory customs at all French airports

No, there is a need for compulsory immigration. Not the same thing!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

there is now a need for compulsory immigration.

Only for airline flights.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

There is a NOTAM for Colmar LFGA about that. The call it “customs” but from the content it is clear that it refers to passport check = immigration.

However I didn’t find the same NOTAM for Avignon LFMV.

The one for Colmar made me change my plans for this week.

About the routing… I did try to force a route via MEN and I get a route. But apparently due to the wind forecast it is much slower than the route shown above.

Obviously a wind forecast from today for the end of the end is meaningless. So I was getting worked up for nothing. My apology. It’s a crazy world out there.

I would expect France to suspend Schengen, and maybe the rest of Europe, after the Paris attacks. It’s clear that border checks are going to come back in some form – for political reasons if not practical ones (European borders are easy to cross even if there are checkpoints on the roads).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes, Schengen suspended when I came through Cannes today from Italy. Passport and licence check which was not cursory. They were even apologetic, which they did not need to be…

NeilC
EGPT, LMML
Sign in to add your message