Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter issues and questions (merged)

dfjohansen wrote:

My current understanding is that the arrows indicate the direction of travel (on the paper) to from ROMIR to VEDOK.
The arrows are always pointing north and south.
They do not. They point in the direction of the table. So KUDIS-ROMIR-VEDOK is flown at EVEN levels. The chart shown by Rwy20 confirms this.
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

dfjohansen wrote:
My current understanding is that the arrows indicate the direction of travel (on the paper) to from ROMIR to VEDOK.
The arrows are always pointing north and south.
They do not. They point in the direction of the table. So KUDIS-ROMIR-VEDOK is flown at EVEN levels. The chart shown by Rwy20 confirms this.

That was what i meant. May have phrased it badly.

When I read the AIP, I would think that KUDIS-ROMIR-VEDOK is flown EVEN.

But the chart says ODD in that direction.

I would not really think about that stuff too much, because in real life you’ll be flying a different level anyway… either you will not like the filed level because it puts you in IMC, icing or whatever – or ATC will not allow the filed level in flight, because of the traffic situation. I stopped thinking about that stuff a long time ago, knowing that I will always get the level i ask for in flight.

dfjohansen wrote:

But the chart says ODD in that direction.

What chart? Rwy20’s chart says EVEN in that direction.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

what about this?
DCT DIPIR B37 KASON G21 GIVOR/N0155F120 V36 AKELU N852 LIMGO Z110 BITBU Z555 ROPUV L607 EMGOD Z658 ROLIS Z671 BEDSI VFR
then if you are VMC you just ask for directs?

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

dfjohansen wrote:

The minimum altitude is FL90, but the table clearly says even in that direction.
Meaning the cruisefl should be either FL80 or FL100.

You can file a flight plan at any level above the minimum, odd or even. The semicircular “rule” is merely a convention in controlled airspace. If ATC clears you to fly at a non-standard level for the direction, that’s fine as far as the law is concerned. It’s done quite frequently.

What seems strange is that MEA for ROMIR to VEDOK is 9500 ft. It seems unusual that FL90 is permitted.

bookworm wrote:

You can file a flight plan at any level above the minimum, odd or even. The semicircular “rule” is merely a convention in controlled airspace. If ATC clears you to fly at a non-standard level for the direction, that’s fine as far as the law is concerned. It’s done quite frequently.

On two occasions now Paris Control have required me to fly at semi-circular levels, so at least they seem to be “enforcing” it, at least sometimes.

LFPT, LFPN

More likely they have predefined transit routes for getting GA through busy CAS. There is IIRC a similar thing in the London TMA, with GA transits at FL090 and FL100 or some such. They may have well chosen those routes to be on the right semicircular levels – that would be logical. But I doubt they amount to any general abandonment of the ability to get an ATC clearance at any level in CAS that you need.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Aviathor wrote:

On two occasions now Paris Control have required me to fly at semi-circular levels, so at least they seem to be “enforcing” it, at least sometimes.

Yes, it varies from ANSP to ANSP. In my experience, the “wrong” level is never a problem in the UK, Belgium and Germany, but often is in France.

Filed.
Bug has been fixed quickly.

France
Sign in to add your message