Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter issues and questions (merged)

If you only have your iPhone (no tablet/PC), I believe RR is still quicker for producing a flight plan.

Even if that were marginally true (I don’t believe it for a second), would that be worth 300€ a year for anyone?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I used RR for two years until i first heard of aR. RR created many strange routes, was slower – i think – and the iOS app was terrible.

I think that many pilots hesitate to switch, because they simply cannot imagine that a FREE product can be as good as an expensive one. Buz it is – and even better.

Actually as a newbie (though 61) I was playing with creating routes on my Samsung S6 phone, the Samsung tablet and a Windows laptop. None of them had any problem. The first actual FP I filed this week was from the laptop but I followed the confirmation on my phone of course. Everything worked perfectly. I don’t know RR in practice but I cannot imagine what more it could do or better.

EDRT, ELLX, Luxembourg

I use autorouter since a few years with a good pleasure and no trouble.
I just discover that he can find route and file theme from private airstrips (ZZZZ).
It’s just amazing !

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Romain wrote:

I just discover that he can find route and file theme from private airstrips (ZZZZ).

How do yuo do that Romain? that’s very useful indeed!

LILC, Italy

13 DEPARTURE AERODROME
Four-character location indicator of the departure aerodrome, “AFIL” if filed in the air, or “ZZZZ” if no official designator exists in ICAO Doc 7910. In the latter cases, ICAO 2012 strictly states that the aerodrome name or primary fix with location (degrees and minutes ddmmNdddmmE format preferred) be entered in 18 OTHER INFORMATION preceded by a “DEP/” tag.

The same thing applies to destination aerodrome, but using “DEST/” tag in field 18.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 24 Aug 12:29
LFPT, LFPN

autorouter only allows ZZZZ aerodromes it knows about. If yours is missing, please create a support ticket and provide the information together with a reference for the data. We like to do some level of due diligence before adding airfields and we require them to be added so that all users can benefit. Check if yours is included by searching for the name and/or looking at the map. Often there are different names for such airfields.

The one I use was already in the database (in Italy)
He file up itself the DEP/
Top feature !

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Achim, is it the case that one can’t File the VFR plans at all, or are there conditions that need to be met for that to be able to happen?
I usually get some message akin the lines of “this flightplan doesn’t involve eurocontrol, please use another tool to file”.

We currently only allow specific users to file AFTN (VFR). Please open a support ticket to request access.

After some more time (i.e. more thorough testing), we plan to offer it to all users.

Sign in to add your message