Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter issues and questions (merged)

Specifying a level of “VFR” on a VFR flight plan is not accepted everywhere. I believe it is Poland that wants an altitude Axxx. They may accept the plan, or they may not.

LSZK, Switzerland

@Achimha, is it possible to use autorouter to just submit the VFR FPL without the route planning element? i.e. if one plans a VFR flight manually (heaven forbid !!) and just wants to submit the FPL, can autorouter do this?

Last Edited by chflyer at 28 Aug 11:07
LSZK, Switzerland

Yes, you enter departure + destination + EOBT and then click on the arrow next to Autoroute and choose “Manual VFR route”. You can then edit the plan manually and file it.

OK, still alive Here are our experiences: autorouter’s addressing is definitely fine.

For the leg EGPC-BIRK I filed autorouter’s suggestion what was fine. For BIRK-BGBW I filed a route suggested by autorouter except for some of the coordinates which I tweaked a bit by hand. But I received this:

291813 BIRDZOZD
REF N228RM FROM BIRK TO BGBW FLIGHTPLAN IS NOT IN ACCORDANCE WITH AIP

ICELAND ENR 1.8.4.1.3.7 AND HAS THEREFORE BEEN REJECTED BY REYKJAVIK

ATC. PLEASE CANCEL AND REFILE

I checked the AIP, but either I got it wrong or it deals with the syntax of fpl in that sction. So I tried RR with the same route. Someone in Reykjavik must have thought bloody idiot and sent the same message but added: USE RALOV RAKIS 63N030W ……

I did so with autorouter and it worked like a charm. I asked at the FBO, the next morning and they told me that this is the standard route, currently.

In BGBW we had no chance to try autorouter. A very nice and friendly lady was already sitting in front of some online form when we came to the ARO. She insisted that she would file a fpl for us using the standard route which is SI 59N050W HOIST, at least according to her.

However, I found a minor bug (I can open a ticket if you want me to): If you edit a route by hand and remove a waypoint, it will not be removed from the list of the EET tags in field 18. Additional points will be added correctly.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

terbang wrote:

OK, still alive

Congrats! That’s a scary flight in a SEP and yet I can observe a couple of them every week just on autorouter…

For trips like this I would always recommend to speak to experienced people to get the custom routes. They depend on the type of aircraft, weather, etc. It’s worth calling AIS to avoid surprises like this. Once you’re up there, you might be busy, exhausted or without proper internet access.

terbang wrote:

However, I found a minor bug (I can open a ticket if you want me to): If you edit a route by hand and remove a waypoint, it will not be removed from the list of the EET tags in field 18. Additional points will be added correctly.

It’s actually not a bug but deliberate behavior. If you add a waypoint and it requires an EET per our rules, we add the EET. If you remove a waypoint, we do not remove EET for that as we chose to only add information, not remove it. You can edit it manually and remove orphaned EET entries.

Ah, OK, makes sense.

It was not our first Atlantic crossing. But the first with autorouter! I tried to use the waypoints I used before, but things change, of course, so yes, better check!

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

terbang wrote:

For BIRK-BGBW I filed a route suggested by autorouter except for some of the coordinates which I tweaked a bit by hand. But I received this:

291813 BIRDZOZD
REF N228RM FROM BIRK TO BGBW FLIGHTPLAN IS NOT IN ACCORDANCE WITH AIP

ICELAND ENR 1.8.4.1.3.7 AND HAS THEREFORE BEEN REJECTED BY REYKJAVIK

ATC. PLEASE CANCEL AND REFILE

I checked the AIP, but either I got it wrong or it deals with the syntax of fpl in that sction. So I tried RR with the same route. Someone in Reykjavik must have thought bloody idiot and sent the same message but added: USE RALOV RAKIS 63N030W ……

I had the same but it is not really in any engine yet. You have to read the AIP. Narsarsuaq always do the FPL no matter how you filed it.

EGTK Oxford

Autorouter tracking stops if you announce a diversion

Happened to me 2 days ago

The tracking ended the moment I told Zagreb Radar that I wanted to divert from LDSB to LDDU.

FR24 shows it ok of course

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That first pic looks like the beginning of an obit for Peter…

This whole tracking stuff can easily freak out people. The other problem is that the final status often is “arriving” because the landing message is not relayed to Eurocontrol.

tomjnx wrote:

That’s one of the dreaded profiler issues…

The eurocontrol profiler thinks your climb/descent performance is different from what your aircraft is capable to do. Now when you file with autorouter we add profile information to give hints to the eurocontrol profiler. This information is missing if you cut&paste the route

Sorry but how is this related to the error? The error clearly says that the DCT limit below FL325 is 0. The performance of the aircraft has nothing to do with this, as you are at FL120, so you always climb and descend below FL320. Rocker Route is perfectly valid here. Unfortunately now R45 is withdrawn, so this exact route is not plausible any more, but now Rocket Router gives me DCT MADEX L53 OLGAT/N0168F130 L53 OKIMO A48 BEVIS which is perfect for my desired FL, the DCT limit, airway structure near LDDU and terrain.

Sign in to add your message