Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How to do flight plans for a short fuel / customs stop, and airborne flight plan delaying

We file onward flight plans during the coffee break whilst refuelling

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

I file in advance, usually planning to depart 1h after landing if refuelling and 30 minutes if not.

EGTF, LFTF

When the filed FPL has a very long dogleg on the 1st leg (e.g. 200%, LFPN Toussus → LFOP Rouen), I first file the second leg (e.g. LFOP → EGSX), for the time I expect to leave the technical stop airport (LFOP). I then file the first leg.

You can’t do the opposite, as the EOBT for 2nd flight would be before the estimated arrival of the 1st flight (and Autorouter will reject the plan).

This gets really interesting, because you can also do this.

Eurocontrol will reject overlapping IFR ones but VFR and IFR can overlap. So if one of the two legs is VFR…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

My experience is that IFR+IFR, it will reject if you submit a FPL whose EOBT falls during “another flight” (e.g. the previous flight EOBT + EET)
It will not reject if you file a FPL whose arrival falls during another flight (after the EOBT of the next flight)

My night instructor who is also IRI told me to leave 20 minutes between landing and the following departure, even when we only planned to do a touch and go. It is useless for VFR but I think he got this from IFR.

LFOU, France

Peter wrote:

An issue would arise if you pre-filed with an ETA of say 1000 and (due to headwinds etc) don’t land until 1030 and then your onward FP has been binned so there isn’t anything to delay.

The Golze ADL allows to send SMS, doesn’t it? And both EuroFPL (Premium account; 10 EUR/month or 99 EUR/year) and Autorouter (free of charge) allow to delay a FPL by SMS, don’t they?

ELLX

That would be great. I haven’t used the autorouter sms , how does it recognise which user is sending it, with the sender phone number? If yes, that won’t work with a Golze message

EGTF, LFTF

Delaying an Autorouter flight plan is possible using one of the ADL devices as follows:

You have to use the email interface instead of the SMS interface. SMS does not work as autorouter tries to identify you based on your phone number and that will not match once the SMS comes from the ADL.

You can get your private email address from autorouter when you log in:

Finally a screenshot on how it looks. I did not have a flight plan in the autorouter system for this test but you can see how the email bot answers:

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Good point. I remembered I did that in-flight with Autorouter from an Iridium connection, but actually I used the email interface, not the SMS one. Golze ADL can also do email, so should work also.

As to EuroFPL, you need to have the number sending the SMS “in a pilot profile in the account”, but not necessarily the pilot profile linked to that particular flight. Should work. I never tested it.

ELLX
Sign in to add your message