Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Engine out after departure LSZH today

Glad you handled it! Interested what happened to the engine. How old was it.
I was about to go for a spin in the Extra tomorrow and am now having second thoughts, checking extended centerline. Also that parachute should have been repacked long ago. Thanks for posting.

Last Edited by loco at 11 Oct 19:27
LPFR, Poland

Fantastic!

Very well done, glad you’re OK!

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

@zuutroy

How far AGL were you when it happened?

It was at altitude 3900 feet so 2500 above AGL

Just had a nice short meeting with Mooney_Driver. Thank you for coming to the GAT. And to everybody here, thank you all for your congratulations. It feels a bit like a second birthday.

@Emir it seems that the engine is completely death, hear is a new photo. Parts of the engine have broken out and have been collected from the gound. But I will keep you updated.

@lbra wrote:

(also lucky your wife was not flying?)

Why? We simulated the engine out exercise on her last checkride and she managed it in the same way, as I did today. She is a good pilot.

EDDS , Germany

Well done. I’m sure many pilots would not have done so well, and I am including myself in that!

Last Edited by Neil at 11 Oct 20:32
Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Great job!

ESSZ, Sweden

I wish I’ll be that good when it happens to me

“Why? We simulated the engine out exercise on her last checkride and she managed it in the same way, as I did today. She is a good pilot”

Got it (I am going slowly, my wife is only doing RT/Nav for fun at the moment), good luck with the logistics !

There are lucky moments when it happens

Last Edited by Ibra at 11 Oct 20:44
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Pete, it was a pleasure and honour to shake your hand after a job very well done.

Here is the ground track as recorded by FR24.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Congrats! Fantastic job in a dire situation! Thanks for posting.

always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message