Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New Member - SkyWagon from Turkey

Welcome to EuroGA, SkyWagon

We have a good number of Turkish people on EuroGA but they seem to be busy trying to keep flying down there. I’ve been down to LTBH and that involved some local organisation.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Welcome to EuroGA, SkyWagon

We have a good number of Turkish people on EuroGA but they seem to be busy trying to keep flying down there. I’ve been down to LTBH and that involved some local organisation

Peter;

Thanks a lot, I decided to be member after reading your trip to LTBH. So many fellow pilots here and tonnes of information I am quite happy to be the part of the fraternity. I think I have been spoiled for 7 years , flying an airliner, IFR, Radar vectors… it is time to get back VFR flying again. Safe landings.

Fly , Cycle and Run
LTBJ,LTFB, Turkey

SkyWagon wrote:

I am loooking for 2000 and over models

PA28’s of 2000 and newer are highly sought after. I was trying to buy one this summer, the owners had lost 60% of the logs and only had photocopies of them. I bounced it onto another person who buys and sells too, he bought it for stock and sold it without even advertising it. Similarly, I am brokering a 2008 C172S and you can ask whatever number you want. The owner said to me £150k initially and we are now over £250k. Maybe you can find a stream of these PA28’s that I’m not seeing due to your location. I suspect you will struggle to haggle much with anyone if you find what you are after. I know of a Cessna single that was sale agreed a few weeks ago for sky-high money, the PPI showed a less than impressive looking oil filter, but there are 3 other people waiting to sign up an aircraft purchase agreement.

There are value for money aircraft out there, but they are not newer or high spec PA28’s/172/182.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

WilliamF;

Very well said, and you are absolutely right , I have been searching for 3 months and tried to make a deal with a guy from “North” , but no avail. Cessnas are on high demand , moreover, what I have learnt from my 3-month-search, Pipers are quite adequate airplanes for my purpose.

Fly , Cycle and Run
LTBJ,LTFB, Turkey

If you want to do grass strip flying you should be looking for high-performance aircraft that are very much out of fashion in Europe. Only a trained eye will see value in them. What you will see on the ramp at Alaska are are different from what you will see parked at Le Touquet.

Cessna 172 early model (modified)
Cessna 175
Cessna 182A,B,C,D
Cessna 205
Piper PA20/22
Stinson 108
Aeronca Sedan
Maule M5
Cherokee 235

Are all good performance fixed gear bargains. I have a lot of time in the C180, and some C185 time. If you want to do similar flying, on less money there are options. List by no means exhaustive but you get the idea. I watched a guy from the UK do a complete tour of Ireland and stop in International airports to fly a sector to the Canaries before carrying on home in a Cessna 120. You don’t need much to do a lot!

If extensive rough field operations are not a requirement, then a Comanche 180/250 is the best value for money IMHO.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

@WilliamF Cherokee 235 is the one I favor a lot, you do not have to think a lot when you rev up your horses in the engine. On the other hand, avgas is a big burden in my country. I am listening about 2 to 2,4 USD plus VAT from various suppliers. I must be cautious in terms of GPH. Honestly, I am looking for the models 2000 and younger.
Receving airworthiness is also another painful step and friends keep telling me to acquire new models.

Fly , Cycle and Run
LTBJ,LTFB, Turkey

You should be able to use the MOGAS STC on a 235

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Peter_Mundy wrote:

You should be able to use the MOGAS STC on a 235

Peter;

MOGAS is out of my scope because, it is almost impossible to find MOGAS where I plan to station my aircraft. I am actually focusing on JET-A1 options, cheap, more enviromental, less GPH and more avail . I know that not so many guys like JET-A1 options.

Last Edited by SkyWagon at 08 Dec 13:40
Fly , Cycle and Run
LTBJ,LTFB, Turkey

Your friends might only be telling you what they want to fly themselves. My 1946 cub is more reliable than a certain Swiss pilot watch. A 2000 Piper Archer will cost the same to maintain as a 1960’s 172.

The best savings you can make are in a hangar, tools and free lance engineering friends.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

If this inspection is made mandatory again, and worse, if the inspection turns up a defect, the plane will be required to have a very expensive repair.

Thread drift alert.

This article gives historical background and mitigation on the potential PA28/32 wing spar AD regulatory action.

https://www.piperflyer.org/maintenance-technical/item/1161-pa-28-pa-32-wing-spar-cracks-what-you-should-know.html

The taper wing Warrior/Archer are still sought after in Europe as good PPL club aircraft. They also complement the 152 on the training fleet. If anything values have firmed up in recent years.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message