Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What's the difference between Brusses Info and Brussels Mil?

Inspired by the thread on the Netherlands, what's the difference between Brusses Info and Brussels Mil?

Both seem to be able to organise a clearance into the general class C. That's all I've used them for.

EGEO

No real difference and each of them would claim they are the ones you should contact. I tend to prefer Belga Mil when in the South East where they have all the military zones, one tends to get better service.

It's weird that there are two overlapping FIS services in Belgium, one of them is clearly redundant. However, better too much FIS than too little (like in the UK)

A bit of a shame that, as a local, I have no beginning of an answer. I have never yet called Belga Radar - note the correct callsign! - but am getting more and more curious, as I hear positive reports about them.

Brussels Information is certainly variable in the quality of service delivered, sometimes really good, sometimes acceptable, on rare occasions void of any added value.

I heard a rumour that, for new controllers at Brussels airport, the first job is operating Brussels information; and well can I believe it, I more than once heard obvious beginners working the service. Also, one cannot blame them for low quality of service on busy days like the sunny summer weekends when the frequency is really crowded.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message