Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What planned flights when things get back to normal?

Am hoping to spend some of my new at-home leisure time researching and plogging some overdue low-and-slow vfr sorties: visiting friends in Spain and Italy, and then circling back via Bavaria.

While 150 HP Super Cubs have done the Northern VFR Atlantic crossing, the no electric, no gyro -95, while having longer range, may not be quite up to it. All Super Cubs should visit Alaska and Idaho, at least once, it’s in their DNA.

What happened to the planned STOL Drag meet up in Scotland? that would be a good way to get back in the saddle, and shake off the lockdown blues.

Missing the Pitts S2A as well, am guessing no aerobatic competitions until 2021.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Given the situation, my only flying goal for 2020 is to fly to Shoreham see Peter and a super-kind forumite who built an RV10 nearby.

LFOU, France

For me the major plan has not changed – IR by end of year (hopefully by October). Everything else is just fun and games, so whatever shall be, will be.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Get my SEP revalidated asap and then do some overdue flights in the vicinity. Then if that works getting the IR back within a year.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

That’s the spirit!

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Scottish Highlands!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Anywhere !!!

Pegaso airstrip, Italy

I want to finally fly my family. It will be a decisive moment, especially the question how my wife handles the situation.

We already agreed to begin with a simple short flight around the block. If she doesn’t “quit” flying afterwards, I hope to fly my family to one of the East Frisian islands later this year.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Finaly some positive Vibes. Have Stopped Reading the COVID Thread many days ago – too depressing ;)

I want to finaly get to do that 2 day to Portoroz or even Pula :)
In the meantime i want to Spend some money i would have spent on flying on that Pilotaware unit and 1 – 2 good Books about Flying

Cant wait for better Times :)

Last Edited by Matt_FK at 23 Mar 17:44
Austria
26 Posts
Sign in to add your message