Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Las Vegas International, McCarran uncontrolled due to Covid.

And easyJet only accepts candidates from an eATO. What is an eATO? Look it up ;)

ESME, ESMS

Dimme wrote:

What is an eATO? Look it up ;)

I can only find a Belgian company called eATO.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

My bad, it’s AeTO, not eATO.

From here:

AeTO: Approved easyJet Training Organisations are CAE-Oxford aviation, CTC Aviation, ENAC, FTE Jerez, Air Espace, Horizon Swiss Flight Academy, Lufthansa Aviation Training Switzerland. You must have completed all of your initial training in one of this organizations to be considered a graduate.

The only ATOs easyJet accepts cadets from. So if you graduated from another great school, then you cannot apply there as a cadet.

ESME, ESMS

The only ATOs easyJet accepts cadets from

I know someone who did their CPL/IR at the FTA school at Shoreham and got a job offer straight away.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Must have been an amazing pilot with extraordinary skills, abilities and contacts.

ESME, ESMS

Although the tower and ground control are not in service, departure control is still controlling the airport. Operations are slower, but all releases are IFR and from departure control and approach control is clearing the aircraft for the approach. So it is one in, one out kind of operation with more spacing between traffic. This works for the lower volume due to the Corona Virus pandemic.

KUZA, United States

Airborne_Again wrote:

In several Kennedy Steve recordings the aircrew seem confused about the “cleared into the ramp thing”. Is it common in the US to have a separate ramp controller that the pilots are supposed to contact on their own accord separately from the ground controller — I mean without handover or coordination.

Yes it is common. At JFK there are two main circular taxiways, A and B, set up as one way streets. One for getting in, the other for going out. Typical operation is to get off the runway immediately and then taxi in as long as needed to reach the ramp entry. Standard is to not even talk to ground, just monitor. Once approaching the terminal/parking location: It can be RAMP control operated by the airport company (port authority), by an airline (i.e. C10 at LAX is operated by American Airlines) or by handling. It can also be ATC ground controlled.

Going out, there is no startup request as you contact ramp for push anyway, during which you start the engines. IFR clearance comes via text message (PDC or CPDLC) automatically. It works well, but you got to be on your toes. Career modifying events are lined up there like potholes: http://avherald.com/h?article=43e82b1d

always learning
LO__, Austria

Just to give you an impression on how much air traffic has declined: earlier this week I flew our C210 into KLAX. IFR flight plan and no problems, not even a ground delay going out of Chino / KCNO. Reasonably high workload as they switched me from 24R (northernmost) to 25L (southernmost) rwy during the approach. Actually very nice, saved me about half an hour taxi time to the FBO. The really amazing thing was that I stayed on TWR frequency during the entire taxi! That only ever happens at really small airports with very little traffic round here. On departure, again no delay, I could almost see the smile on the clearance delivery controller’s face – I don’t think he gets a call up from a Cessna very often ;-)

In my area I’d judge traffic was about half of normal today (Saturday), and I’d agree that in terms of making life easy 300 ops per day at my base is a lot more laid back than 600.

Same on the roads to and from – it’s actually really pleasant although during the week highway traffic is probably 70% of normal and rising as people assess their real world risk on their actual business.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 04 Apr 22:55

Snoopy wrote:

Yes it is common. At JFK there are two main circular taxiways, A and B, set up as one way streets. One for getting in, the other for going out. Typical operation is to get off the runway immediately and then taxi in as long as needed to reach the ramp entry. Standard is to not even talk to ground, just monitor. Once approaching the terminal/parking location: It can be RAMP control operated by the airport company (port authority), by an airline (i.e. C10 at LAX is operated by American Airlines) or by handling. It can also be ATC ground controlled.

Ok. There is nothing strange with ramp control. What seems strange to me that it is not coordinated with ATC. I would have expected ramp control to pass their “clearance” to ground control who could pass it to the aircrew. I mean, it would be very strange if there was no coordination between the air and ground controllers and the ground controller would have to ask the departing aircrew if they were cleared onto the active runway!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message