Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying in the empty skies / getting back in the air during/after the corona shutdown

Nice!

Tomorrow:

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Nice, In one go without a blink?

Last Edited by Ibra at 24 May 20:24
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Of course. Landing in some places could get you locked up for 2 weeks…

Administrator

@Sebastian_G wrote:

Yesterday and today we went for a short vacation to Losinj LDLO and it was just great! Immigration just asked for the name of the hotel and a phone number.

Sebastian did you stay there only for one night to comply with the German 48 hours rule without quarantine? Did you take an apartment for your stay or a hotel?

EDDS , Germany
Sebastian did you stay there only for one night to comply with the German 48 hours rule without quarantine?

We had planned for one night only anyway but that did line up with that regulation nicely. But then before departure Berlin did ease regulations and a longer trip would have been also possible:
https://www.berlin.de/corona/massnahmen/einreisen/

Did you take an apartment for your stay or a hotel?

We did stay at hotel “Aurora”. It was recommended to us as the one already in full operation. But booking.com also shows many small apartments also open for longer stays and the huge camp site is also open but completely empty.

The Croatian regulations seem to say that you need some form of booking to enter the country. Probably also a day trip would be possible if you book a boat but the airport closes at 16h local currently so a day trip does not make much sense anyway.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Peter wrote:

Of course. Landing in some places could get you locked up for 2 weeks…

For sure but some Germans did land in Portoroz and even though there seems to be a quarantine you can apparently just refuel, maybe do a passport check and leave in many places. We did hear in the radio some Germans flying from Portoroz to Losinj on saturday in an ultralight and I am quite sure those did not stay 2 weeks in Portoroz quarantine before…

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Administrator

Yes you can normally refuel but the police are entitled to detain you for the PNR/PPR period which in much of say France is 24hrs.

On my trip this morning I brought a tent just in case of some disaster on a diversion.

Administrator

That’s a pretty empty apron @peter

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Not quite as impressive as Peter’s flight, but good to be back flying solo
I had some dust to remove on my flying skills.

LFOU, France
Sign in to add your message