Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying in the empty skies / getting back in the air during/after the corona shutdown

Could you make less epic videos for those who never got to Venice terbang ?

Just kidding, great pictures and always glad to see the Terbang Airlines top notch crew in their top notch airplane

LFOU, France

Yesterday, a nice English beach for folk who fly:

and another English beach, for folk who don’t:

(photo credit to the Telegraph)

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

The Pont du Garde is still there and apparently hasn‘t suffered from the virus too much

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

I just returned from a 10-day visit to LIRJ Elba (coming from Switzerland) and it was totally non-problematic and very well frequented during the weekend.

Arriving on a Saturday around noon, the GA parking section was nearly full, with probably 20+ SEP already parked and room for perhaps 5-8 more. Cost for a C172 for a 10-day stay (Sat-Mon) was €33 + €119 parking, which isn’t unreasonable. Of course, there is the exorbitant fuel price of €3.18. Considered tanking at Bastia, but the Bastia handling charges and hassle may well have negated the fuel savings and in any case Corona developments in France killed that idea. :-(

LSZK, Switzerland

It’s interesting to see how many of us managed to sneak in some pretty amazing trips.

I did two to Croatia, just before that option got “quarantined”. @Terbang did a stunning trip to Sicily although from Germany that wasn’t a problem. Others also managed to “get out”.

And from talking to a doctor today, he reported that for £175/person he got his family virus tested to meet a requirement for airline travel to some countries outside Europe. So that may be a way to sidestep the UK quarantine requirement soon. Not worth doing for a day trip to Le Touquet though!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

My little contribution to this thread is here

I guess we will restart this thread after the second shutdown ends

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
127 Posts
Sign in to add your message