Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying in the empty skies / getting back in the air during/after the corona shutdown

That’s a pretty empty apron @peter

When we left 45 min before the airport closed yesterday there was only one German aerostar on the apron. That must have left before Peter did arrive… But besides that all as usual. The fuel guys still do the human spreadsheet method calculating tax etc by hand. The battery of the credit card terminal is still broken and the cat still lives in the terminal building :–) BUT beware the line guys tend to leave chocks, ropes etc. on the apron when planes leave, so watch out on taxi.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Sebastian_G wrote:

The fuel guys still do the human spreadsheet method calculating tax etc by hand.

I heard rumours that software would be available by summer I’ve been listening this story for years and years.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Just been looking at going down to Krk LDRI next week, before the UK quarantine starts 8th June, but Monday is looking too tight and then the wx is closing in, with convective wx all over the place by Wednesday.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Just been looking at going down to Krk LDRI next week, before the UK quarantine starts 8th June, but Monday is looking too tight and then the wx is closing in, with convective wx all over the place by Wednesday.

Good choice canceling the trip. Monday and Tuesday were ok but Wednesday was pretty convective all over your route. It’s common weather in June

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Flew yesterday for an hour. Unfortunately the airport opening times were not ideal for the best weather.
Security had to see but not touch my airside pass, so I had to swipe it myself. They were not wearing facemasks. I asked if I had to remove mine, but was told “No”.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

We flew down to Venice this last weekend and it wasn’t that quiet anymore. Many crews used the beautiful weather last Friday for a VFR flight across the Alps and so did we. On the IFR return flight on Monday we had rather poor weather and a silent radio for extended periods of time. It was a great time to visit Venice. Almost no foreign tourists and hotel rates ware affordable.

Mrs. terbang has put together a short video with some noice footage (so I think) of the Lido landing:

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Very nice

It’s been said this is one of the most scenic approaches.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Nice! Smooth grass I guess?

EHTE, Netherlands

Nice scenic approach, only saw EuroGA flyout videos with the approach from the other side !
Good to know 252 can make that grass, no need for me to carry spare M20J prop

terbang wrote:

Mrs. terbang has put together a short video with some noice footage (so I think) of the Lido landing:

Top “crew coordination”

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Nice! Smooth grass I guess?

It’s OK, but there are runways that are in better shape.

Nice scenic approach, only saw EuroGA flyout videos with the approach from the other side !
Good to know 252 can make that grass, no need for me to carry spare M20J prop

I don’t know why they wanted us to use 05. This way we had to overfly the town and even had a little tailwind. We usually avoid grass fields but Lido is certainly worth an exception

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany
Sign in to add your message