Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying in the empty skies / getting back in the air during/after the corona shutdown

I went flying too ! I was the last one of the day, took the Safire. I did not manage to get any decent pictures, I was mostly focusing on my flying feeling a bit rusty, but not too bad.
The PPR worked after I’ve figured out that the system does not like my personal email address. After 4 emails without any answer, and checking the email address again and again, I’ve tried to send the same email from my pro email address and got answer within 3 mintues!
Since I had not flown the Safire for some time, I only flew a few turns and 4 touch and goes, but it was good to be back in the air! It was really strange though that the airport was so quiet. But I did saw a commercial flight landing a bit before me, from Wideroe and it taxied out for taking of again after my last landing.

ENVA, Norway

Nice pictures and good to see at least someone is flying.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Wonderful to see these posts.

Looking at FR24 I see France totally devoid of GA, the UK almost totally so (and those flying have learnt the lesson from “FR24 police” posting the stuff on the UK forums), and plenty of GA in NL and DE.

And it’s obvious that those flying are not infecting anybody.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Nice to see. I think we are all looking forward to getting back in the air.

EGTK Oxford

Great to see some pictures of aviation. I’ve managed to run up the engine to circulate and warm the oil, would have loved to go for a short flight. It’s frustrating when it would have required no interaction with anyone nor risk of infecting or catching the china bug.

It would be fascinating to see the level of activity on the roads and in towns and villages from the air.

This weekend I was supposed to fly to Blackpool (visiting Lancaster). Instead, I did few approaches to Zadar LDZD, testing new approach database and new ADL firmware.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Everybody will be very envious

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That is such a a beautiful area. Last June I rode my motorcycle through there and remember the road from Gospic to Karlobag as one of the nicest ever, the views from the western end being not unlike flying. By the next evening I was in Latina Italy having memorably seen snow on the Apennines in June. The geography there is great.

The weather here is similar at the moment, but I am busy and naturally it’s supposed to rain on the weekend so no flying. I should sneak away while nobody is looking…

Last Edited by Silvaire at 16 Apr 15:10

Peter wrote:

Everybody will be very envious

We’re supposed to write about flying rather than about viruses

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

The corona virus is airborne

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
Sign in to add your message