Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying in the empty skies / getting back in the air during/after the corona shutdown

@Jujupilote many of us don’t have to imagine life without the €40 ticket. It was not that many years ago that I was paying €500 for a day return Nantes – Birmingham.

France

Yep. I think my average ticket cost to anywhere in europe is ca 250 eur..

EETU, Estonia

I wonder if private GA will be able to cross borders as more states require quarantine measures for temporary visitors? If airline industry forecasts are correct, and the measures discussed seem likely (2 m rule, 4 hour check ins and disembarking for health screening, etc) going places in simple SEP GA may be one of the practical ways to get around Europe? Assuming there is some health passport and passengers are family members.

If in fact regional air transport is strictly business class only, I would have thought a four hour check in is not necessary, so some of the futurology is inconsistent.

Back to the 1950’s where only a small elite flies airlines, but quite a lot of post war Austers did work as air taxis.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

€40 tickets practically never came to Croatia so I won’t miss them at all

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I thought first about the decrease in airport traffic and the partial collapse of the ATO industry, which makes a big part of GA in some areas.

LFOU, France

@Peter, this might interest you.

In addition, as a sign of gratitude and good will to concretely cooperate in support of recommencing operations, Olbia Airport and Eccelsa Aviation offer to all Operators and Aircraft Owners, the first flight to Olbia totally free of charge, for all arrivals occurring within a week from the airport reopening date, which we hope to happen very soon.

LPFR, Poland

@loco could you please keep us posted as to when that happens?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Sure, will try. Probably won’t be going myself due to two week quarantine on return to Poland. I expect it to stay in force for a long time. Crews are exempted from it, but I think that would be stretching it a little too much.

LPFR, Poland

Isn’t the quarantine in your own house, anyway?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yeah, the problem is you can’t leave. Not even shopping. Then there’s the govt app that asks for a selfie at random times and records your GPS coordinates. Be somewhere else and it’s EUR 6500.

Last Edited by loco at 02 May 17:35
LPFR, Poland
Sign in to add your message