Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying in the empty skies / getting back in the air during/after the corona shutdown

My little contribution to this thread is here

I guess we will restart this thread after the second shutdown ends

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It’s interesting to see how many of us managed to sneak in some pretty amazing trips.

I did two to Croatia, just before that option got “quarantined”. @Terbang did a stunning trip to Sicily although from Germany that wasn’t a problem. Others also managed to “get out”.

And from talking to a doctor today, he reported that for £175/person he got his family virus tested to meet a requirement for airline travel to some countries outside Europe. So that may be a way to sidestep the UK quarantine requirement soon. Not worth doing for a day trip to Le Touquet though!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I just returned from a 10-day visit to LIRJ Elba (coming from Switzerland) and it was totally non-problematic and very well frequented during the weekend.

Arriving on a Saturday around noon, the GA parking section was nearly full, with probably 20+ SEP already parked and room for perhaps 5-8 more. Cost for a C172 for a 10-day stay (Sat-Mon) was €33 + €119 parking, which isn’t unreasonable. Of course, there is the exorbitant fuel price of €3.18. Considered tanking at Bastia, but the Bastia handling charges and hassle may well have negated the fuel savings and in any case Corona developments in France killed that idea. :-(

LSZK, Switzerland

The Pont du Garde is still there and apparently hasn‘t suffered from the virus too much

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Yesterday, a nice English beach for folk who fly:

and another English beach, for folk who don’t:

(photo credit to the Telegraph)

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Could you make less epic videos for those who never got to Venice terbang ?

Just kidding, great pictures and always glad to see the Terbang Airlines top notch crew in their top notch airplane

LFOU, France

Nice! Smooth grass I guess?

It’s OK, but there are runways that are in better shape.

Nice scenic approach, only saw EuroGA flyout videos with the approach from the other side !
Good to know 252 can make that grass, no need for me to carry spare M20J prop

I don’t know why they wanted us to use 05. This way we had to overfly the town and even had a little tailwind. We usually avoid grass fields but Lido is certainly worth an exception

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Nice scenic approach, only saw EuroGA flyout videos with the approach from the other side !
Good to know 252 can make that grass, no need for me to carry spare M20J prop

terbang wrote:

Mrs. terbang has put together a short video with some noice footage (so I think) of the Lido landing:

Top “crew coordination”

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Nice! Smooth grass I guess?

EHTE, Netherlands
127 Posts
Sign in to add your message