Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Technical landing in Poland (or anywhere else actually)

I have a plan to do a technical landing at EPSY later in June (EFHF → LOAN trip). Most probably restrictions have eased already, but I did ask EPSY about technical landing (= fuel stop). I didn’t really understand the reply, basically it was “no you can’t” but there was some contact about polish authority that I should talk to. I tried to check if technical stops are ok from other sources and figured they should be ok.

So I would like also know what the rules are in Poland – and if permission is required, where to apply for it.

Flying Finn living in Switzerland.
LSZL LOcarno, Switzerland

Did ever someone succeded in getting a “technical fuel stops” in GA airports even in normal days? You will always told to go out of airside to landside and go back for millions of reasons

I fuelled 6 times in Jersey on way from UK to France, only one of them would qualify as “ICAO technical fuel stop”, the other 5 we had to go land side to visit Jersey while all we want is cheap fuel and continue our way

Last Edited by Ibra at 13 May 07:20
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Tech stops

It seems to work in a few places but not generally. It’s difficult for immigration control, for reasons discussed in the above link.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Did ever someone succeded in getting a “technical fuel stops” in GA airports even in normal days?

It always works for me at Beziers LFMU.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

So you just stop, fuel on ramp & go? they look along my flight path but do not seem to have fuel as of now, but worth a try in August

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

So you just stop, fuel on ramp & go?

Yes, 30 min in total.

Last Edited by Emir at 13 May 10:28
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

So the answer I got from the handler is to contact the “Airport Government” together with a new email address. Let’s give it a new try.

ESME, ESMS

Dimme wrote:

So the answer I got from the handler is to contact the “Airport Government” together with a new email address. Let’s give it a new try.

Isn’t this supposed to be their task?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I got the response from polish authority:

Dear Pekka,

You don’t need any special permission or authorization form CAA PL. In your ATC Flight Plan in field 18 add RMK/EPSY fuel stop only.
Please be advised that some airports are working on reducing capacity and operation hours.

Hope this clears issues for everyone else too.

Pekka

Flying Finn living in Switzerland.
LSZL LOcarno, Switzerland

Ibra wrote:

Did ever someone succeded in getting a “technical fuel stops” in GA airports even in normal days?

Yes, at Sofia LBSF and Burgas LBBG.

EDIT: sorry, answered too quick, these are not “GA airports”, I misread as “in a GA plane”.

Last Edited by lionel at 14 May 19:04
ELLX
Sign in to add your message