Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

SR22 G-CTAM ditches near a beach in the UK

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Where was that? Details? Hope everyone’s ok.

You can have the Daily Trash version

And this is the “multi agency response” posting on FB

Whoever does the bench test and fresh EASA-1 forms for the avionics will need a big drip tray under the bench.

The windscreen won’t look too great, being dragged over the pebbles like that.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Interesting that the aeroplane is upside down in the photos, despite (or perhaps because of?) the parachute.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Low deployment? takes about 400ft agl for it to work at slow speed and put it on it’s wheels but need +1000ft agl for spin & dive to bring it on wheels? also depends on winds & waves…

At some point I was thinking was it SuyuzTMA or Dragon SpaceX?

Glad the pilots walked away !

Last Edited by Ibra at 31 May 21:16
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I suspect wind flipping it over in the sea.

EGTK Oxford

“We had binoculars and once it hit the water we saw the pilot open the cockpit door and climb out so we knew they were ok.”
Looks like it flipped after they got out.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

I understand from a SR22 owner that there have been 96 parachute deployments with 196 lives saved as of 17th May – probably +1 and +2 now.

jxk
EGHI, United Kingdom

jxk wrote:

I understand from a SR22 owner that there have been 96 parachute deployments with 196 lives saved as of 17th May – probably +1 and +2 now.

If you make the assumption that every person in all the aeroplanes that deployed their chutes would have died without the chute.

EGLM & EGTN

With that logic aircraft tyres have saved millions of lives and continue to do so with most landings

14 Posts
Sign in to add your message