Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying to flyfish

AeroPlus wrote:

Thanks for the tip! There seems to also be a float plane available to rent in Sweden.

Täby Seaplane Club
The owner is SJÖFLYGARNA AB, the only SEAPLANE TAXI COMPANY in Stockholm, but the plane is located at TÄBY SEAPLANE CLUB. This seaplane is for rent after a check-ride with the instructor and a written test. The hourly rate is 1200 SEK/hour incl. vat.

Where have you found this info? Is it an UL seaplane?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

AeroPlus wrote:

Thanks for the tip!

If you ever want to come over to fly on it, let me know!

AeroPlus wrote:

The hourly rate is 1200 SEK/hour incl. vat.

That seems quite cheap, what plane is it? In Trondheim, it’s a C185 on straight float (hopefully next year, right now it’s on wheels as mentioned previously) and last time I flew it, it was 2500 NOK per hour (counted by the tachymeter), which is fairly decent for a C185 I think… Not sure what it will be next time it will be on float though…

ENVA, Norway

Airborne_Again wrote:

Where have you found this info? Is it an UL seaplane?

I had this stored. It is a Cessna 172 with floats.

EDLE, Netherlands

WingsWaterAndWheels wrote:

If you ever want to come over to fly on it, let me know!

I still have it on my bucket list (yes, I have one and it keeps on growing with new wishes) to fly to the north of Norway to swim with Orcas. I will let you know.

EDLE, Netherlands

AeroPlus wrote:

I had this stored. It is a Cessna 172 with floats.

I seems incredibly cheap…

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Finally came around and did this! Flying to the Alps from The Netherlands to go fishing, EHTE to LOWZ.

The weather looked promising with a nice high pressure area covering Germany.

First I had to take my little girl to her soccer match, but then I could leave late in the morning. I filed for FL210 and cruised over Germany in beautiful weather with a nice Cu undercast. Passing Munich with a view of the Alps obscured by quite some convective buildup I started my descend, a bit worried about those Cu. Over the Chiemsee I canceled IFR to proceed VFR underneath the clouds in to Austria. Visibility was good and the terrain was impressive for a flatlander like me. This is gorgeous!

The circuit to land in Zell am See (Austria, LOWZ) is just beautiful and what a busy day at Zell. I worried a bit about the runway being relatively short, but it all went well, with a nice and easy approach.

At the airfield they rented me a car (well a Smart…) and of I went to the hotel (Lampenhausl, Fusch) to drop my stuff off and pick up my permit.

And go fishing!

EHTE, Netherlands

Excellent

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom
27 Posts
Sign in to add your message