Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Highest ever forecast CB bases - FL100

I certainly see gradually increasing “ISA plus XX” numbers. This significantly affects the TB20 ceiling.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

gallois wrote:

But over the last few years the work has been creeping further North and has now become just North of La Rochelle.

Lack of covered parking space due to real estate price boom going up north ?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Has anyone noticed how the summer thunderstorm belt is creeping north each year.
I met 3 people from the UK whose speciality was to repair small dents in modern cars using a technique based on metal memory so that the dent was repaired without the need for repainting.
Most of their work came from repairing dents caused by hail stones. They basically followed this storm belt around the world eg France in June, Australia in November, southern USA in spring etc. For years they had been coming to France, usually the south, Nice and the Cote d’Azur. But over the last few years the work has been creeping further North and has now become just North of La Rochelle.

France

Yes those are pretty big

Administrator

Yep but they were building up to what we have today at La Rochelle:
LFBH 100800Z AUTO 04012KT 9999 -RA NSC 23/19 Q1012 TEMPO VRB15G25KT 4000 -TSRA SCT010 BKN100CB
And that famous BKN100CB.

LFMD, France

I don’t think there is much lightning or rain in those high altitude build outs but you will get load of turbulence and windheer, saw one last 2 weeks not a single strike on the stormscope and don’t think it got wet anywhere along, flying nearby under (slowly) was almost a non-event as long as you keep some blue above

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I’d say those are at best TCUs, no?

Administrator

These ones:

LFMD, France

Works here, S10e, Chrome

What I think doesn’t work with Android is multiple image upload in one go, although as with all these things it is likely to be browser and OS dependent.

Administrator

These kind over Ile de Ré this evening (sh..t can’t upload from Android…)

Last Edited by greg_mp at 09 Aug 19:55
LFMD, France
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message