Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Watch out for a big "danger area" in the Dover-France crossing (and drone conspicuity)

Jujupilote wrote:

The brits are serious about this.

No. The government is posturing to a part of the electorate.

Nympsfield, United Kingdom

Xtophe wrote:

No. The government is posturing to a part of the electorate.

The drone thingy works as big fat press stunt (as it’s cheap) after RNAS/RN said they will not get involved (as that needs serious public money)

Last Edited by Ibra at 03 Sep 11:34
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Beware the French have issued a SUP AIP about restricted areas below 1500ft in the Channel too
Link
They appear to be between the britsh areas and the French coast :

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 10 Sep 07:31
LFOU, France

I think they mirror it for French pilots who may not have an idea of what the Queen has in mind that day? the good news is that Lille West FIS and LeTouquet Tower will be less clueless on how to manage the LFRs compared to British ATS (Lydd & London FIS) who tend to keep a big paper log book for those EGDs where they log traffic movement in/out (well they don’t have operational radars when pilot asks but they will send radar traces to help with DA bust prosecution )

Pilots might confuse the two sets of areas, and if the french one are inactive, they might think the channel is clear.

Did the CAA reactivated the big control room from the battle of britain to keep track of busts ? (With the dozens of operators around the big table)

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

to keep track of busts

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Those CAS bust with Messerschmitts were done no-TXP

I see more and more people being shy of the reply “report mid-channel” !

Last Edited by Ibra at 10 Sep 09:32

The french restricted area is due to a UAV measuring sulfur emissions from ships. Nothing to do with the new battle of britain going on

LFOU, France

Just looking at this now and I don’t see anything above 1500ft.

Is that correct, or is it just that in the next few days?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Still at 1500ft max. Maybe the immigrants have terrain following radar and fly low down?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message