Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LaFerteAlais museum

For anyone interested in vintage aircrafts, the mueseum at LaFerteAlais south of Paris is worth a look, one can even fly some of the rare types, top of bracket is the T28 !

Aside from the Cub, I am really tempted to fly the single seat German helicopter glider hooked to a winch attached to a U-boat or the Donnet Hydravion

Last Edited by Ibra at 01 Sep 20:30
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Very beautiful picture. I will put the place on my bucket list. It‘s a pity, that only homebased aircraft are allowed to land there.

Last Edited by eddsPeter at 02 Sep 05:52
EDDS , Germany

Pointless – you cant fly in anymore. Such a waste.

Yes real shame that one need to be based or get permission to land there (comes easy if flying a vintage Cub rather than a touring Mooney), but the museum collection is still worth a look !

Same story as with Vallance airstrip museum near Gatwick !

Last Edited by Ibra at 02 Sep 08:53

@eddsPeter, I know this place a bit. Getting an authorization is not that hard.
You just have to fill a form and declare your have more than 200 hours PIC (from memory). And they allow you to land. Especially if you ask to visit the museum and have lunch at the restaurant.

LFOU, France

Thanks for the nice pictures and inspiration, Ibra.

@eddsPeter, I know this place a bit. Getting an authorization is not that hard.
You just have to fill a form and declare your have more than 200 hours PIC (from memory). And they allow you to land. Especially if you ask to visit the museum and have lunch at the restaurant.

Thanks Jujupilote, I’ll put this on my list for next year and try to get the authorization.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Thanks Ibra, on my bucket list too now

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

The form Jujupilot mentioned is this one, I am sure everybody in EuroGA tick PIC time box
The grass looks ok for some heavy stuff

https://www.musee-volant-salis.fr/en/contact-us

https://www.musee-volant-salis.fr/sites/default/files/pdf/FORMULAIRE_AUTORISATION_ATTERISSAGE_SALIS.pdf

Jujupilote wrote:

You just have to fill a form and declare your have more than 200 hours PIC (from memory). And they allow you to land.

This is good news. Thanks for the info, and @Ibra for the links subsequently – definitely on my “go to” list.

Regards, SD..

9 Posts
Sign in to add your message