Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Arranging German Police passport inspection (immigration)

Hi all, I’m planning a trip to Mannheim this weekend from Shoreham in the UK. I just want to check the procedure for arranging the local police to check our passports on arrival. Does anyone have experience of how you go about arranging this and also if it is necessary for our passports to be checked in Germany for the return?

Many thanks.

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

@terbang will give local info.

LFOU, France

Thanks for ringing me up, Jujupilote

A flight plan is sufficient. Customs is still not required for UK arrivals AFIK. Immigration is done by the airport staff if police is not present. I was told that a flight plan is OK even if customs is required. You may want to call ahead anyway, staff is very friendly in Mannheim.

Check the AIP though, at least if flying IFR. IFR approaches are not allowed unless you have done at least three with an FI beforehand. The airport and the ATCOs dislike this regulation very much. It was imposed by the local administration which is very anti-GA. No problem if you cancel IFR or are VFR. If you can’t cancel due to the weather, ATCOs will probably find a way.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Thanks very much for all the info. Yes our plan is to cancel IFR upon arrival! Weather looks good for Friday!

All the best

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message