Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Keep your EASA MEP / EASA IR up to date!

The examiner that does my LPC for Beech 200 and IR in the UK says that so long as it’s on the front of the licence and it’s not too long the only difference is the paperwork, which is a bit longer form to fill in. Other countries may vary, and I guess that if you let it expire by several months or longer it might require training before the proficiency check. I only know this because my LPC was due at the end of October, and it looked for a while like I couldn’t get the aircraft and examiner lined up by then, but in the end it all worked out and I did it on 30th Oct!

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Bobo wrote:

I need to do my profcheck this month to keep my CB-IR valid and now I need to rent something.

Every other year you can revalidate your IR in a simulator. Wouldn’t that be a better option?

@lenthamen, do you have a reference? I failed to find it in a recent Part-FCL, maybe I used wrong keywords.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Search for “each alternate proficiency check” or see Part-FCL amendment no.16 in Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2019/1747 of 15 October 2019 (link). Those amendments come into force 20 days after being published in the OJEU, ie 11 Nov.

The relevant provision is made in para (a) point (4) of rule FCL.625.A:

An FNPT II or an FFS representing the relevant class or type of aeroplane may be used for the revalidation pursuant to point (2), provided that at least each alternate proficiency check for the revalidation of an IR is performed in an aeroplane.

Point (2) of para (a) states: pass a proficiency check in accordance with Appendix 9 to this Annex if the IR revalidation is combined with the revalidation of a class or type rating;

A similar provision may be found in the current consolidated Aircrew Regulation valid until 11 Nov (link).

London, United Kingdom

So….due to Covid and other issues my EASA IR rating expires end of this month. I will not be able to do the PFC until next month. What will actually happen?
Can I do the PFC with my usual examiner?
As far as I have seen the first 3 month late is ok, but after that a school needs to evaluate how much retraining is needed.
I usually do my PFC with an examiner not linked to a school and deal with him directly.

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

Contact Trafikstyrelsen and explain your situation. Many NAAs provide extensions based on Covid reasons.

ESME, ESMS

pmh wrote:

As far as I have seen the first 3 month late is ok, but after that a school needs to evaluate how much retraining is needed.

A renewal of an IR that has lapsed (even if it is just one day) always requires an ATO to determine how much (if any) refresher training is needed. With a rating that has lapsed only briefly the result can be that no training is necessary. But you need to present such a confirmation to your examiner prior to taking the proficiency check.

Friedrichshafen EDNY

Thanks

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

tschnell wrote:

… an IR that has lapsed … always requires an ATO to determine …

No not always. Neither refresher training nor a course completion certificate is required where the applicant holds a valid ICAO IR. Para (e) to FCL.625.

London, United Kingdom

Curious @qalupalik
An EASA ME IR is lapsed, and an EASA SE IR is valid.
Would the SE IR count as holding a valid ICAO IR?

Would be a bit unfair otherwise, wouldn’t it?

always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message