Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

NAA Licensing Comparison - your contributions are needed

As many UK licence holders are thinking of moving their licence state elsewhere, I have put together a spreadsheet for comparison (here) between various EASA states to help people choose where they might want to go.

I’ve made some suggested topics for comparison – but happy to take suggestions for others. Once we have a few here, I’ll add some colour coding.

Hopefully we can make it a quasi-Wiki page. If people could add details from their NAA (click “Request Edit Access”) that would be fantastic.

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

Its not a bad idea, but there are other factors such as your residence/holiday home/aeroplane registration/company base etc.

Regards, SD..

Austria (Austro Control) seems to be quite good if you trust a couple of forums.

always learning
LO__, Austria

This is a very worthwhile project but getting people to contribute is like pulling teeth

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This is a great idea. I’m in this process at the moment and quite annoyed as being late, it seems that Austria, Ireland and Iceland are not accepting any SOLI transfer anymore.

In your spreadsheet, you can add that regarding Luxembourg and Czech Republic, you can only have a licence issued by those CAA if you have a permanent residency in the country.

Switzerland

rschris wrote:

you can add that regarding Luxembourg and Czech Republic, you can only have a licence issued by those CAA if you have a permanent residency in the country
Good info, have added
We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

Peter wrote:

getting people to contribute is like pulling teeth

Somehow Wikipedia manages to get more information on Frosty the Snowman – we can do this, people!

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

If you’re going to do that, then for Germany here are some pointers.

PPL-A – if you live outside of Germany, the Bezirksregierung (BR) in Düsseldorf would be responsible for your licensing. There are two issues to be aware of – one is the ZÜP which needs to be renewed every 5 years. If you are an EU citizen living in his own country (ie, a Pole living in Poland), you don’t need to submit any documentation, the BR will request the necessary documents directly. If you don’t live in your own country – eg a Brit living in Austria – then you are required to gain the documentation to gain the ZÜP.

Secondly, you will most likely need to do a ‘first medical’ with your new AME as the LBA refuses to allow the information about the candidate be handed from one AME to another – this can be difficult when transferring your licence away from the German register.

Revalidations of the ratings are noted in writing by the FI and sent by post by the FI to the BR. The LBA and BR are typically very fast but this is only from personal experience – others can tell different stories, of civil servants being obstructive, unhelpful etc.In my case, issuing a new licence took less than a week and costs were moderate, I can’t remember what I paid for the licence change when I added night rating but it wasn’t too much.

EDL*, Germany

Steve6443 wrote:

Revalidations of the ratings are noted in writing by the FI and sent by post by the FI to the BR.

Thanks. So the revalidation is not valid until the licence has been returned by the BR? I have updated the spreadsheet but let me know if anything is wrong.

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

Charlie wrote:

Thanks. So the revalidation is not valid until the licence has been returned by the BR? I have updated the spreadsheet but let me know if anything is wrong.

Not quite, the revalidation is valid upon signature of the FI on your licence, you don’t send the licence off. However the paper work still needs to be sent to the BR. When all revalidation lines on the licence are full, then the licence needs to be sent off, the revalidation is only valid upon receipt of the new licence – you would send your old licence and validation letter from the FI to the BR, get the new licence back, typically within a week.

EDL*, Germany
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message