Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

NAA Licensing Comparison - your contributions are needed

Done.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Czechia:
The authority is called ÚCL (Úřad pro civilní letectví) in Czech and CAA in English, the site is www.caa.cz
Prices are low: aircraft registration 3000 CZK; license issue 1000 CZK, reissue 100 CZK if changing particulars or replacing a lost one, free if adding a rating; theoretical tests 5000 CZK for the full set; practical test by CAA examiner 500 CZK (!) (1 EUR ≈ 26 CZK)
Customer service: most transactions are available while you wait (no extra fee). Generally friendly. Telephone and e-mail enquiries possible, full telephone directory available on the web.
Revalidation: license endorsed directly by the examiner, same for renewals if expired by less than 3 years and the license still contains the rating
Languages: Czech and English in most cases. Theoretical tests in English are worded better than in Czech :-)
Industry examiners may conduct practical tests for initial issue of CPL and IR.
No aggressive prosecution of airspace busts (an apology to the ATC over the telephone may often suffice).

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 06 Jan 14:30
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Finished my SOLI from UK to Switzerland.

Started on December 10th, received an email from Swiss OFAC that my licence was ready on January 12th.
Sent them my UK licence and got the Swiss one a week later in my mailbox.

So far, I’ve only paid fees to the CAA (SOLIout process fees + medical records sending fees).

Will see how things will go when I’ll need to add new ratings or other stuffs, but so far glad with how the Swiss managed things

Switzerland

EDIT from my post above: issuance fees from Swiss OFAC is 380 CHF (approx 350 €)

Switzerland
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message