Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your 2020 flying year, how many hours, and aspirations for 2021?

My first year in aviation. Got my PPL and night rating. Had to adapt my plans due to the situation but finally done 98h total and achieved my goals

Aspirations for 2021 are the IR rating, more flying (especially long trips) and maybe entering the world of aircraft ownership :)

Very glad to have found that forum. It is an invaluable resource of advices and tips.

Wish you all a happy new year and a lot of safe landings!

Switzerland

75 hours this year, one new license and one new rating.

Did my CPL in January and then my MEP/IR/CPL rating in November. Now need to make more money – flying twins is not for the faint at wallet !!

Covid didn’t really stop us here, but for other reasons I didn’t fly at all for about 4 months, so the 75 are not too bad. Got a couple of x-country trips in our C210 in, Monument Valley and Sedona in early December and Phoenix a few days ago, but a few more which I had planned had to be shelved due to Covid. Here in the US the flying itself is not affected at all, but ground infrastructure is. Doesn’t really matter in places like Monument Valley where you go for the scenery, but elsewhere it does.

Let’s hope China doesn’t come up with a new virus in 2021 !

Tailwinds and blue skies to all.

Last Edited by 172driver at 01 Jan 19:03

Just under 150hours due to lockdown interruptions and a medical issue for 5 weeks, but about a million hours on laptop emails sorting out stuff and peoples licence dramas. Doing more MEP instruction for me hopefully next year.

Posts are personal views only.
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom

Very few hours this year because the COVID lockdown came about when our aircraft was up for annual. It did allow for us to sort out some timeconsuming but relatively straightforward maintenace tasks while the weather was nice (rather than the usual, doing it during nasty weather in the winter). Fortunately it all got resolved early Autumn so we can fly again.

However, my BFR comes up in March and it’s looking like COVID might scupper me getting it until later in the year, so I think I’m probably going to get grounded again.

Andreas IOM

alioth wrote:

However, my BFR comes up in March and it’s looking like COVID might scupper me getting it until later in the year, so I think I’m probably going to get grounded again.

Which license are you flying on? If FAA, then check out the various extensions that have been granted. I posted them here in a new thread, but Peter moved that to the existing COVID – medical issues thread. The link is there.

There are other BFR options e.g. the US AOPA Wings programme. Search for “wings” etc.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Only around 100 hours this year because of the lockdown and the missing business trips. I expect this year to be nearly the same because most of my business is planned online 2021 also. But the flying season started positive today, as you can see here. Maybe an indicator for a better season this year, than last year!

EDDS , Germany

I set a personal record in 2020 and managed 209 hours! Goodness knows how, with all the restrictions.

Aspirations for 2021, assuming we get back to normal – I would like to do my Aerobatics Teaching Rating.

EGKL, United Kingdom

25 hours this past year, split between the Jodel DR1050 and Bolkow 208C Junior.
No plan for 2021 other than take any opportunity and plan at short notice. Land away not permitted at present, not even a touch-and-go.

Last Edited by Maoraigh at 01 Jan 20:09
Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

191 hours and a couple of hundred landings….you guessed it, a lot of instructing, just three or four trips in the SR20. I hope to top that in 2021, do a couple of family trips and complete my EASA IR.

EDFE, EDFZ, KMYF, Germany
Sign in to add your message