Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Free route airspace in Czechia

Effective 25/02/2021, Prague FIR above FL 95 and Prague TMA become free route airspace. For some combinations of entry and exit points, there will be mandatory intermediate points, but no routes as such. For more information, see dedicated web page and AIC.

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 06 Jan 21:56
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

This is amazing!

Presumably you still have the requirement that Eurocontrol validation will need to place any route into CAS.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

requirement that Eurocontrol validation will need to place any route into CAS

Don’t forget that class E is CAS. In Czechia it spans the interval from 1000 ft AGL to FL95.

On a wider scale, Eurocontrol is committed to implementing free routing EU-wide by 2023-2024.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Peter wrote:

Presumably you still have the requirement that Eurocontrol validation will need to place any route into CAS.

I don’t expect so. In mid-2018, my route ending in GITAS/N0178A050 DCT N4646E01931 VFR validated just fine. That was in Hungary FRA.

And to this day “LHJK N0165A020 BUG/N0165A020 IFR DCT VERIG LHDC” validates just fine. Or it that’s still too much of a detour for you, how about a direct to the ILS intercept from below “LHJK N0165A020 BUG/N0165A020 IFR DCT 4725N02129E LHDC”

Last Edited by lionel at 09 Jan 13:11
ELLX

Peter wrote:

There is no such requirement.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Ultranomad wrote:

On a wider scale, Eurocontrol is committed to implementing free routing EU-wide by 2023-2024.

The key word here is “level restricted”. In Sweden, we have FRA above FL285 and there are no signs of lowering that limit.

Easy to chuck in a one-liner on such a complex topic, and I won’t take the bait

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’m only following this from afar, but am I right in saying that now Austria, Czechia and Hungary have gone free route ?

Peter wrote:

Easy to chuck in a one-liner on such a complex topic, and I won’t take the bait

Bait? You are making an incorrect statement about Eurocontrol validation and it is not the first time. As you say, the topic is complex which simply means that one should be careful to make qualified statements.

It is one thing that the UK NATS doesn’t handle OCAS flight plans well, but doesn’t have any bearing on how it is handled in the Czech republic. Eurocontrol itself has no problem at all with OCAS flight plans.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 09 Jan 18:58

Happily I have no idea what this thread is about, especially in regard to Class E by its proper definition. My kind of ‘free route’ in Class E involves turning off the radio and flying where I want to go.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 09 Jan 17:24
23 Posts
Sign in to add your message