Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GA Flight from EU to UK and back possible this weekend?

Peter wrote:

Like I said, can happen anywhere. Europe’s airports are mostly not “public” which is almost entirely a US concept.

It doesn’t even have to do with “public” or “non-public” airfields. The airport owner/operator is responsible for the serviceability of the airport. If the airport operator tells ATC that an aircraft can’t land there, I don’t think than anywhere there will be a content discussion on the why. It would actually be a significant danger to safety if ATC would discuss with the airport operator why the aircraft must not land and if perhaps it might land anyways. That has nothing to do with who employs/pays ATC.
If the airfield operator had actually the right to deny landing can be discussed after safe landing at the alternate.

And just imagine what happens at a German airfield if ATC figures out that the “Flugleiter” needs to grab a Coffee ;-)Niner_Mike wrote:

I was refused a landing in France recently because I had not informed Customs

That happened to me once in a very positive way on my way back from Lugano – ok, who actually could know that Lugano is a Swiss and not an Italian city ;-) – the Flugleiter of a small airfield told me “obviously you can land here but really can’t imagine you want to…”

Germany
31 Posts
Sign in to add your message