Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Saline, roman vineyard, castles along the river Neckar - short trip to EDRF (Bad Dürkheim)

As @boscomantico said we will have been flown to all the nice places in our neighborhood until the pandemic is gone. Today we have chosen the wine region of Bad Dürkheim with the small airfield EDRF as our destination.

Porsche test circuit at Weissach.

Cathedral of Speyer

After landing at Bad Dürkheim we took our foldable bicycles and startet into direction of the city. It is only a short ride.

The saline of Bad Dürkheim. Worth a visit.

Spa house of Bad Dürkheim.

Barrel of Bad Dürkheim. have a look on how many liters might be filled in.
After a short stop in the center with – what a surprise after months of lockdown – open shops we continued our ride into the vineyards.

Suddenly we found an old roman vineyard which is partly rebuild and was a destination for many people this day.

Back at the airfield we departed on the 08 direct direction Heidelberg with the idea to follow the river Neckar from Heidelberg to Stuttgart.

Mannheim/Ludwigshafen

Castle of Heidelberg

Okay not a castle, but I like the colors of this picture.
All in all only 70 minutes of flight, but again it was worth to visit this nice location. I can recommend it.

EDDS , Germany

Nice pics

About 15 years ago we were going to do a tour of Bavarian castles but it never happened… I think after I got the IR I just stuck to IFR in mainland Europe.

What is that conical shape in the last pic, with steam coming out of it?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Peter wrote:

What is that conical shape in the last pic, with steam coming out of it?

It is part of the nuclear power plant Neckarwestheim.

EDDS , Germany
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message