Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Jeppesen Mobile FliteDeck will be phased out

See here. This affects Jepp customers that are not using (or not willing to use) ForeFlight or Garmin Pilot to display their terminal charts.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Local copy of above

This is amazing. Surely it will affect lots of corporate users, or are they just moving them to Foreflight?

I wonder what will happen to the PC products, which are still running despite Jepp talking about “sunsetting” (the current fashionable corporate-BS phrase) them for years.

All these products use the same database – literally the same data files – as people who jailbroke their Ipads and looked around the file system found out. There was just one file which differed between say Jeppview/PC and JeppTC or JeppFD. No idea about FF but I bet there is a directory there called TerminalCharts or some such also, with the same files dumped in there. So Jepp gain nothing by phasing something out. Each cycle they are still generating the same data.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I find it unbelievable.
What an arrogant way of selling a product.

I may post with more precision later, but I have some difficulties displaying charts on a legacy G1000 MFD (since beginning 2021)
THey have determined that the load of NOTAMs in each cycle prevents good functioning. Basically they say it is not their problem, and I find myself with a certified product (garmin Chartview) which is not really compatible anymore with the content (Jeppesen chart).

Last Edited by PetitCessnaVoyageur at 02 Jul 07:31

boscomantico wrote:

See here. This affects Jepp customers that are not using (or not willing to use) ForeFlight or Garmin Pilot to display their terminal charts.

“I told you so!” (c). What else would you expect from them?

And another moment – ForeFlight exists only on Apple, as well as the Garmin Pilot (well, there is a version for Android but appraently it does not display Jepps).

EGTR

PetitCessnaVoyageur wrote:

Basically they say it is not their problem, and I find myself with a certified product (garmin Chartview) which is not really compatible anymore with the content (Jeppesen chart).

And Garmin won’t do anything about it because they are focused on selling NXi and don’t give a sh.t about legacy G1000.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

This will most likely finish me as a Jepp customer. Jepp did offer me a month’s free trial of Foreflight with all the charts. I’ll try it, but…

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

What a disgrace ! I’ll stop paying for my subscription unless they integrate with Skydemon.

EBST, Belgium

Good luck with that, for multiple reasons already very well aired

For a start, SD would need to abandon the Android version – there is every indication that Jepp do not allow licensing on such.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Navigraph charts saved to your device which have been carefully cross checked with AIP plates before departure?

EIMH, Ireland

airways wrote:

What a disgrace ! I’ll stop paying for my subscription unless they integrate with Skydemon.

@airways, Tim has already refused integrating Jepp into SD, just google for it.

EGTR
72 Posts
Sign in to add your message