Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Jeppesen Mobile FliteDeck will be phased out

Before anything, I would really give SD a try. Download the AIPs of the countries you are regularly flying in and try it out as your display device for approach plates.

I don‘t really need much more.

The (IFR) flight planning part is of course done by autorouter.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 25 Sep 06:27
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I use SD for VFR, never tried IFR.

The problem is that I m in love with jeppesen charts (as you can read elsewhere in the forum )

I’m installing an IFD540 and I’ll use the IFD100 app. It displays Jeppesen charts.

EBST, Belgium

airways wrote:

I’m installing an IFD540 and I’ll use the IFD100 app. It displays Jeppesen charts.

But only when connected to the IFD panel unit. The IFD100 won’t display charts at home or in the FBO, for example.

LSZK, Switzerland

Good point. But to be honest I’m OK with an AIP plate on the big computer screen at home. It’s in the cockpit that I like the uniformity. Besides, can’t the IFD simulator app display current charts ?

EBST, Belgium

I m looking at the different software solutions to replace JeppFD, the two contenders being GP or Foreflight.

If I understand right:
- GP needs the « jeppesen add on » on top of the basic plan, for a total of 150€/year
- Foreflight offer jeppesen integration with basic plan, but you lose Georeferenced charts !!! Which JeppFD has offered for ages. So you have to climb to Pro plan for 200€ / year. What a mess.

Do you think JeppFD will still work on ipad after it has been phased out ?

I use GP with the Jeppesen add on and am happy with it. Geo-referencing works out of the box and the viewed chart is enhanced by relevant NOTAMs.

What would be the annual price of GP with Jeppeson plates to cover UK and France!

the viewed chart is enhanced by relevant NOTAMs.

Can you provide an example / screenshot ?

From here: https://ww2.jeppesen.com/jeppesen-charts-on-garmin-pilot/

Jeppesen charts for Europe. VFR + IFR. 808€ + VAT per year. Single install within Garmin Pilot.

Sign in to add your message