Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Anyone has flown the full SID/STAR?

Quite often actually.

EGTF, LFTF

Then it’s also something about type speed & gradient? kicking out C172/PA28A/DA40/M20J out of the SID at max 5kft

Last Edited by Ibra at 30 Jul 08:06
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

In the case of EGHH I think Solent might have been closed, the others are standard. The Linate ABESI if you are not a jet they announce you are a low performance departure:) too true!

Basically I think you get a STAR coming from the FL, and a SID (eg Nice or Barcelona) for noise abatement or terrain (San Sebastian, Linate).

The Heathrow LAM arrival is also used for GA going to Denham. There used to be a STAR (via BRAIN) for Southend?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I’ve flown full SIDs and STARs, but not often. Most often in Germany, I think.

In many cases SIDs and STARs are designed for noise abatement which is not relevant for light aircraft, so you get more direct routings. Also, given the comparatively low speed of light GA, ATC may want you our of the way.

At Stockholm/Arlanda, even twin turboprops are not given SIDs…

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

In many cases SIDs and STARs are designed for noise abatement which is not relevant for light aircraft, so you get more direct routings. Also, given the comparatively low speed of light GA, ATC may want you our of the way.

It makes sense, one has to fly something fast, heavy & noisy to get a full SID

RobertL18C wrote:

Heathrow LAM arrival is also used for GA going to Denham. There used to be a STAR (via BRAIN) for Southend?

How far you would fly Heathrow LAM arrival before heading to Denham?

You do get ABBOT arrival with Stansted (on training to Cambrdige) altough it’s not flown down to 4kft unless you have a spare 700£ for Harrods and Avgas to run away ;)

I don’t recall Southend STAR/SID unless you are talking about directs to DET :)

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Cannes has them pretty standard at the moment (along with slots it seems…)

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

I would say quite often when in Spain. Actually tempted to say they I have flown them in full more often than not.

United Kingdom

I don’t recall ever flying the full SID/STAR but got parts of them here and there.

The procedures tend to be published to reduce ATC workload but at the same time they are there in case of radar breakdown, so all the time radar is working they get cut short. In one visit to NATS I was told that the capacity of the London airports would reduce by a factor of 5 if they had to go fully procedural.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message