Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

INTL tag in AIP AD 1.3 - a definitive list of airports with customs and immigration?

It’s updated regularly and published on EAD web site.

Which means… not a whole lot, unless you engage a very good lawyer

Zimbabwe to Shoreham

You definitely can do that.

So what reliability is AIP 1.3? How much of it is just a fossil?

Knowing human nature, I just find it hard to believe that there is somebody sitting at each national CAA, wading through all the documents published by various competing govt agencies (see here for some eye-openers) and dutifully merges all that. Plus, in all the threads covering these topics, this has not been mentioned before!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

So what reliability is AIP 1.3? How much of it is just a fossil?

Knowing human nature, I just find it hard to believe that there is somebody sitting at each national CAA, wading through all the documents published by various competing govt agencies (see here for some eye-openers) and dutifully merges all that. Plus, in all the threads covering these topics, this has not been mentioned before!

For Croatia it’s 100% accurate and up to date. I haven’t check for other European countries except briefly for Italy, France and Spain and it looks accurate.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Germany and Italy have many airports with Immigration (not Customs) on a PN. Very few people know about this, and post-brexit it is relevant to, ahem, very close to nobody. I wonder if this is reflected in 1.3? And airports with “exit Customs” – they used to exist (e.g. LSPV) but may not today.

Germany should list as INTL only the airports with Immigration and with full Customs presence, as referenced in the link I posted above.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message