Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LFGI to LHPR

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to put together a plan from LFGI to LHPR. I have ME/IR but not SE/IR (so far), and will fly with a SEP. So I am thinking of VFR. Problem is that I don’t have mush of an experience with France and Germany. (I will probably have someone next to me, for backup and help)
What I have come up with is ROBIR LFGB VEDOK GARMO UMTEX KPT BADIT PESAT.
Seems to me that there are some temporary restricted areas right after LFGI, by NOTAMs, but could be manageable. The rest seems to be possible at 3000 AMSL without entering restricted areas or controlled air spaces.

I’d appreciate a feedback on this (see 4th sentence above :) )
What do you think? Did I miss something?

If VFR would be too much of a hassle (or weather…), I’d let someone else be the PIC and go IFR, that’s the backup option.

LHFM, LHTL, Hungary

It‘s possible, but you might need to change altitude or fly some small local detours as in 3000ft:
- you are scratching the edge of Schaffhausen Glider Area between LFGB and VEDOK (you might fly a bit more south to create some error margin)
- You are passing Friedrichshafen TMZ between UMTEX and KPT (no problem – just dial in listening squwak and frequency)
- Hit ETHA restricted airspace between UMTEX and KPT (climba above 4000ft or small detour),

Germany

Malibuflyer wrote:

- you are scratching the edge of Schaffhausen Glider Area between LFGB and VEDOK (you might fly a bit more south to create some error margin)

Thank you for your feedback!
The Schaffhausen glider area seems to be south of my route, if I have understood your suggestion well, I should pass either to the south or to the north.
Friedrichshafen wasn’t clear, thank you. ETHA is clear.

LHFM, LHTL, Hungary

robirdus wrote:

The Schaffhausen glider area seems to be south of my route, if I have understood your suggestion well, I should pass either to the south or to the north.

Sorry – my fault – I meant to suggest flying some NM more north to create some margin for error.

Germany

Finally we have managed to fly this in VFR – there were minor modifications and some adventure (due to transponder manfunction), too.
It was a nice flight, the weather was perfect.

LHFM, LHTL, Hungary
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message