Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA Fly-In 2013?

Hi Peter, how do you like the idea of a euroGA Fly-In?

I was considering that, as it happens.

We did La Rochelle in May but bad wx forced a fallover to the backup date and only a few turned up.

Also there were complaints that the destination, La Rochelle, which got 2x more votes than any other, was too far for most people here. We did a totally democratic poll but I guess a lot of votes were from people who were not serious about flying there.

There is nothing one can do about that, but next time we will just have a quick poll and decide on a location.

Of course it needs to be in a very nice warm place, which pretty well rules out N. Europe

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I could help oraganize something in...

BRAC, LDSP.... because i speak the language and have many friends and connections there

or

MILOS, where an old friend has a beautiful small hotel

Other good locations i can think off: Losinj island, Zadar, Dubrovnik, Elba ...

Peter, suggest benign dictatorship rather than democracy as a guiding principle.

EGTK Oxford

Yes, I am always on the front row for informal meetings.

Only, as I said before: a vote should not be for the most green lights, but rather for the least red lights. Which of course doesn't alter the importance of weather, most affecting the humbler craft and pilots.

For a "general" meeting, planned long before, allow me to suggest, of all places, Schwäbisch Hall - the place really offers every opportunity. If we can't make it there, we can't make it anywhere.

But, given the fact that we are in Europe, informal last-minute initiatives have much better chances.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

For a "general" meeting, planned long before, allow me to suggest, of all places, Schwäbisch Hall - the place really offers every opportunity. If we can't make it there, we can't make it anywhere.

I agree - a great destination.

EGTK Oxford

EDTH GUPIN/N0100F050 IFR EDTY 19.8NM

I think I could do that even without checking my fuel before takeoff The town is rather nice and there is good beer.

Good place, but flight too short for me :-) I would come anyway

@Jason: thanks for support, and I mutually support your benign request for benign (and instructed) dictatorship.

@achimha: regarding good beer, EASA could do worse things than to define a QBA* roughly from EIWT to LKCS, perhaps 50 or 100 NM wide, with extensions possible.

*quality breweries area

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

You simply follow me home, i drink unleaded beer only :-)

57 Posts
Sign in to add your message