Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly to whisky distilleries?

https://www.scotch-whisky.org.uk/discover/distillery-map/
Contact the organisation. I’d recommend hiring a car at your chosen airfields. Jura could be reached by ferry from Islay. Skye has a good airfield, unmanned. Campbelltown, Dundee, Fife, Cumbernauld and Perth for more southern distilleries.

Last Edited by Maoraigh at 08 Sep 20:45
Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

@Buckerfan you’re not serious? Cotswold whisky (although local to me) is appalling. The guy started selling the stuff at 3 years old, and I’m afraid its dreadful.

EGLM & EGTN

Graham wrote:

@Buckerfan you’re not serious?

Graham, I am deadly serious! But then I would be, I am co-founder of the business alongside our CEO Dan Szor!

While I respect your opinion of course, just take a look at the reviews on Amazon for example – 81% five star. Multiple platinum and gold awards. We sell this whisky to discerning sconsumers in over 40 countries around the world, from Japan and Australia, to the US and Canada and all over Europe

A visit to Cotswolds Distillery will tell you how good whisky is really made, unlike the usual phony Scottish tours where some pimply youth will drone on “its all about the water from our moors” (the water has nothing to do with it, it goes through distillation for god’s sake).

Our whisky is superb at a younger age because of all the expensive things we do, which the Scots don’t. To name three:

• extra long fermentation (96 hours) – creates loads of fruity esters
  • narrow distillation cut points – eliminates heavier ‘oily’ components
  • use of ‘reactivated’ (shaved, toasted and recharred) red wine casks

Cotswolds is a great example of the new generation of “world whisky” revolutionaries who are shaking things up. Please do come and visit!

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Buckerfan wrote:

A visit to Cotswolds Distillery will tell you how good whisky is really made, unlike the usual phony Scottish tours where some pimply youth will drone on “its all about the water from our moors” (the water has nothing to do with it, it goes through distillation for god’s sake).

Quite astonishing.

And English Single Malt. You are taking the piss…

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

There’s also a Welsh single malt and a Japanese single malt.🙂

France

gallois wrote:

Japanese single malt.

Some very good whisky from Japan, but by GA, that’s a tad longer than Scotland, especially avoiding overflying Russia! That would make for an interesting trip report of course :-)

ENVA, Norway

The only whisky I know is Grand Marnier and it tastes great in a hot chocolate

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Japan, but by GA, that’s a tad longer than Scotland, especially avoiding overflying Russia! That would make for an interesting trip report of course :-)

@Dan is going east soon

Last Edited by Ibra at 09 Sep 12:34
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

BeechBaby wrote:

And English Single Malt. You are taking the piss…

Not taking the piss at all.

Single Malt Whiskies are made all over the world, not just in Scotland. Everywhere from Japan, Taiwan and Tasmania, to the US, France and now England. The definition of a ‘single malt’ is that the spirit is made in one place/distillery. IE unlike say Johnny Walker which is blend of whiskies from multiple distilleries.

By law, ’Scotch" can only be made in Scotland. But single malts can be made anywhere.

Like I said, there is a revolution taking place in the world of whisky/whiskey.

Euroga can teach you about more than aviation!

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

There are some interesting non Scotch whiskies :

The French one in the CDG AF lounge is terrible (Belleview?Bel-something!!)… but there is one from Bordeaux (Harbour Moon) that is pretty good.
A friend introduced me to a Belgian one that I thought was very good, but can’t remember what it was called.
The couple of Japanese ones I tried were not memorable.

Sign in to add your message