Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your flying year, 2013

To add to my earlier post:

23 airports, 6 countries

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Don’t normally work it out in those terms, but fun question.

33 airfields (well, technically, 31 airfields, a field, and a beach), 6 countries.

G

Boffin at large
Various, southern UK.

2013 for me the current tally stands at

39 hours on 4 different aircraft (all C172s or PA28s) flying in 5 countries, 23 Airfields (here’s hoping the weather holds for tomorrow ;-)

EDL*, Germany

Not as good as one would hope but a number of firsts and some interesting places.
3 new types.
8 countries (4 new).
10 new airports.
120 hrs total.

ESSB, Stockholm Bromma

Picked up a few new badges in 2013: FI (A), with Multi and Aerobatics restrictions lifted, hope to get the IRI early in 2014 – in the process got my EASA licence, but also got the lifetime UK CPL which at under £40 is quite good value for a CAA licence fee.

Hopefully, also plan to get the AOPA intermediate standard in 2014.

Added half a dozen Essex and Suffolk farm strips to the repertoire – there are still a few dozen to go.

In 2014 the PA18-95 will check out the Continent (Munich and Milan) – if the Euroga venue does end up being Croatia may try and make this. Last time in Zagreb, was over a dozen years ago – there were still some NATO restrictions, and I was asked to keep my speed up on the ILS as there was a brace of MIG-21s also on the Localiser behind me.

A beachside villa with half acre plot in the islands near Split could be bought for EUR25k, back then – regretfully did not follow the idea up!

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Same average as last year, a couple of hours more, 86 total on PA18, PA28, C152, C172, all VFR.

An upset year, different flying, mostly short trips, but in the last quarter I bought my own aircraft, so hopefully in 2014 I’ll be free to roam.

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

With about 25 hours total very few hours compared to most here.

To say nothing about me : 14 hours and 11 flights, all VFR.

:_(

Incidentally sortie is a french noun meaning several things (exit, the fact of going out..) but also the fact of going somewhere . For exemple : “une sortie avec des amis” : the fact of going somewhere with friends to entertain oneself….

Last Edited by TThierry at 02 Jan 07:41
SE France

Total hours since 1 Jan 2013: 112
Night hours: 8.1
IFR hours: about 30
All in the TB10

Managed proper trips to Scotland, Germany (twice) and Belgium, along with lots of flights to see family in Exeter and Blackpool, a few weekends on the Scillies and Jersey and a couple of lunches in France.

The big trip for 2014 will hopefully be up to northern Norway.

Last Edited by jwoolard at 02 Jan 13:11
EGEO

Total hours since 1 Jan: 643
Sorties: 0 (I do not fly in the military)
Flights: 374
Night hours: 56
Actual IMC: 85

Last Edited by at 06 Jan 15:53
69 Posts
Sign in to add your message