Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Free online VFR charts for Europe

Peter, this is obviously DFS. In my opinion, the compression artifacts are merely implications of a compromise between viewability and bandwidth. Make it better, and you increase the loading time a lot.

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 17 Feb 09:22
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Denmark charts are here

ESTA and ESTL

I have made your link into a live link, Albin (and many thanks for posting it) but I wonder whether the URL contains some session cookie data so will stop working? For example, the EAD site is set up to break all links at every AIRAC cycle (every 28 days).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I don’t know Peter. I tried copying it from an incognito window with the same result… Long link still…
I think it might be their folder structure that makes this.

Anyway it’s easy to find if it stops working, navair.dk/VFR Flight Guide Denmark/VFG Part 4 – Kort (or just google it ;) )

They also have some supplementary information here: http://aim.naviair.dk/ForVFRPilots/VFR-pilot_info_UK.pdf

The Danes have done it right, I think.
Publishing the full AIP including maps for all to use, free of charge.
However in Sweden, where I live and do most of my flying, they charge for everything.

Denmark is a lovely country to fly in, but you have to be happy with 600-800m grass strips.
There are no mountains (or hills for that matter), but be ware of windmills…

Last Edited by Albin at 17 Feb 10:49
ESTA and ESTL

Albin wrote:

Publishing the full AIP including maps for all to use, free of charge.

Yes, the Denmark ICAO map is part of the AIP and can be found online from naviair.dk and EAD.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
from naviair.dk

Please note, if you need any of the Danish AIP, that the website is aim.naviair.dk
as albin indicated. You cannot find it from www.naviair.dk

Last Edited by huv at 17 Feb 17:15
huv
EKRK, Denmark

huv wrote:

You cannot find it from www.naviair.dk

I could! You click on the “Briefing site” icon (a map) at the bottom of the page and then you click on “AIS information”.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

The new French online chart is up and they have updated it somewhat for the UK airspace portion, but left the same big error

which the 2016 version had

They have also messed up the labelling of the Bembridge and Sandown airfields. I wonder what else is wrong elsewhere? I guess the disclaimer of not representing foreign airspace should be taken literally

Administrator

Recently I found a cost-free way to use the Danish ICAO maps as georeferencable. Using the app AvenzaMapsPro on iPad it is easy just to download the two maps. When one of the maps are opened, the GPS position is clearly marked, and the track history can be shown. This is what AirNavPro also offers, but both AirNavPro and ICAO maps to import cost EUR 40-ish each.

I have not tried to import maps from other countries – has anyone ?

Last Edited by huv at 20 Jul 14:52
huv
EKRK, Denmark

I have merged several threads on this topic of free online VFR charts for Europe.

So, this thread contains a lot of links to various sites which display free charts. There are smart people “around” (not me) who have written scripts to download tiles and merge them, into one TIFF or PNG file.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message