Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Free online VFR charts for Europe

I also think it is not a problem if you download it for private purposes only. MOBAC have obviously used it to generate revenue which was the problem in that case probably.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

If somebody is interested in an electronic version of the ICAO charts for Germany, Austria and Switzerland, it can be downloaded here: http://www.boerse.bz/boerse/software-angebote/pda-organizer-handy-navi/712653-icao-map-germany-2014-luftfahrtkarte-deutschland-ausgabe-2014-a.html. If you need help with downloading, I know how it is done, just contact me over a PM.

The VFR chart of Switzerland (the one sent by FOCA) can be purchased here: http://www.toposhop.admin.ch/en/shop/index. I bought it and the quality is very good when you convert it to PDF and use it with GoodReader on iPad.

Last Edited by Vladimir at 19 Mar 08:45
LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Here a link to a post about the electronic version of the ICAO charts for Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Don’t you think there is a copyright problem with downloading from this site?

EDxx, Germany

I cannot see there is a copyright problem if the download is for your own use.

Ater all, they have put the stuff up on a website…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I am practically sure there is a problem for the owner of the site / uploader of the content. Downloading is a question of local regulations based on where you download from because different countries have different laws (e.g. in Switzerland you can download but not upload). I leave it up to you to make you own decision.

For information, I downloaded the 2013 chart a week ago to see what it looks like (it was already expired) and it had good quality. I haven’t tried the 2014 but assuming the same uploader it is probably again OK as quality.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

The above two charts have been discovered online, in both PNG and Oziexplorer versions…

Their projection is actually Mercator, which is extremely unusual. Every aviation chart I have ever seen was Lambert Conformal Conical.

Fortunately Oziexplorer handles loads of different projections.

Well done to whoever did that.

Administrator

Another useful link: a free version of the ICAO map Switzerland (in a browser) is available here

Last Edited by Vladimir at 02 Apr 11:21
LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

How come we are suddenly seeing all these online maps?

The real shock would be if the UK did it Actually they would likely be sued by Memory Map for undermining their business. Interestingly though, aren’t MM selling the same French chart as is online, but for £50?

Administrator

Interestingly the French digital maps are all scans of paper maps. You can see the joins! I think the problem is actually OS not Memory Map.

Sign in to add your message