Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

AIR BP fuel card

I was being funny

I have the ANY card. One has to push fairly hard to get it though. I got mine for one of our fly-ins where AIR BP was the only way to get fuel (Carcassonne, from vague memory?) and I was going to offer to fill up others’ planes with it. In the end it wasn’t necessary because the people who didn’t have the card mostly filled up elsewhere, or didn’t come…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I have the ANY card. One has to push fairly hard to get it though

Could depend on where you are based, i.e. what national branch of BP is issuing your card. All BP cards at my club are ANY. Actually, we would prefer cards for specific aircraft.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I wouldn’t describe what I did as pushing hard. More like asking nicely.

EGKB Biggin Hill

lionel wrote:

On renewal of the card, Air BP actually encouraged me to use RocketRoute Market instead.

About one year ago, I asked for a BP card and they did the same. It seems that they are reluctant to issue new cards.

LECU - Madrid, Spain

From here

I get AirBP invoices with an account number where to pay.

ELLX

lionel wrote:

Good to know. Maybe because I was US based when I signed up I don’t. I’d love to just be able to send a SEPA transfer. I’ll ask them… again… for this.

EHLE, Netherlands

lionel wrote:

I get so many emails from AirBP to say that they are going to take a DD it’s unbelievable

EGKB Biggin Hill

I refused to give them a direct debit authorisation, because of past occurrence that they didn’t respect quoted prices. Being in control of payment, I sent them the correct amount. With a direct debit, they would have taken the incorrect amount, and getting the extra back would have been quite a battle.

ELLX

I don’t have that problem because AIR BP invoices are so complicated that I cannot decipher them, so if they were wrong I would never know, so a direct debit works well for me

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Agree.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message