Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

NEW Greek VFR maps

United Kingdom

I presume that is this group

These are the 1998 1:1M US ONC charts, marked up with all the changes and with CAS added. They are very good.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

They clearly say that the major improvement over the last edition is that they’done away with the outdated TPC/ONC basemap…

However, they could be more clear about who they are.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 11 Jun 17:47
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
I presume that is this group
These are the 1998 1:1M US ONC charts, marked up with all the changes and with CAS added. They are very good.

No they are not any more from ONC Peter and they are half mil. scale not 1:1m.
Check the sample images in the link you provided.
A totally new basemap originating from these specialized charts for mountain hikers etc.

I got my v3 set, they are very good. No need for plastic, paper version is excellent, waterproof and almost impossible to shear it off.

Last Edited by petakas at 18 Jun 08:03
LGMG Megara, Greece

However, they could be more clear about who they are.

Is it a social thing or what ?

They are a group of professional helicopter pilots (same as website link by Peter which is actually the product’s ordering page) who simply had enough few years ago with the lack of existence of official state issued VFR charts and took the initiative to create themselves what they needed.

Invoices are issued by the printing company.

It says in disclaimers everywhere that they are not official charts, only for training etc., but I can tell you for sure that they fully up to standard of any excellent VFR chart you have seen.

LGMG Megara, Greece

On the basis that any chart is better than no chart I have placed an order for the shop. They are pretty clear about who they are – and does it really matter providing that the charts are accurate?

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

That sounds very good, Kyp.

The old ONC charts were obvious OK for terrain but it must have been a pig to edit the raster images to remove the obsolete markings.

Greece is a lovely place to fly in – both VFR and IFR. It has probably the biggest “WOW factor” when landing on one of the islands. I shall be back in late September; the Agean islands around Samos.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The TMAs on the VFR chart are the wrong color. Only red should be used for Class A.
The TMAs are not Class A.

fuzzy6988,
I have no intention to question you but do you have any official reference for this?

LGMT (Mytilene, Lesvos, Greece), Greece

ICAO Annex 4 appendix 2 item 126…

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message