Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

My next aircraft - 150 Knot 4 seater with good range???

Someone has gone to great effort to refurbish a 182C to a very nice standard.

www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=47081 planecheck_D_EGYQ_47081_pdf

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Someone has gone to great effort to refurbish a 182C to a very nice standard.

Looks nice. Still a lot of money for what is essentially a 60 year old airframe.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

It certainly looks immaculate, although there are no photos of under the cowling, down the tail cone etc which is strange. A 60+ year old airframe certification is a very good thing when it comes to maintenance in the real world, and I think these are arguably the best of the 182s. Reputed to be the fastest anyway, although the earlier ones are supposed to fly a little better than this later swept tail version. I dislike the droopy swoopy stripes on el cheapo late model white paint, not suited to the nice lines of the plane. The stripes may be tape, in which case it could be ‘fixed’ with some more appropriate trim stripes/colors.

A friend just bought a ‘53 (first year) C180 for US $80K, at that price it’s a solid VFR plane but with some needs, and C182s are a great deal in comparison. I bought a copy of the (Thompson) Cessna development history book, encouraged by a EuroGA post, and have been enjoying reading it prior to giving it to my friend as a new plane gift.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 16 Aug 04:25

MedEwok wrote:

Still a lot of money for what is essentially a 60 year old airframe.

You mistake age for utility and condition. Age doesn’t matter at all.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Another well put together video from Backcountry 182 – am wondering how much team effort goes into these – one or two drones, plus editing.

Interesting Cost Rica registration.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

JJBeall wrote:

Need a full fuel payload of at least 200 Kg.

That is a bit of an oxymoron with the 4 pax wish. You can get one or the other, but not both for today’s population (as @Peter more eloquently put).

LSZK, Switzerland

The mid years C-182 will manage 70 usg and 800 lbs payload. The 205, only 60 usg useable, achieves over 1,000 lbs payload.

Or a late model 206 which will bring all 80usg and 1089 lbs

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

The 206 is still in production for a host of good reasons:)

Sign in to add your message