Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Stavanger (Sola) flying 'scene'

Hi all,

There might potentially be an opportunity for me to work in Stavanger for 6 months or so next year due to an intra-company transfer.

Do we have any Norwegian pilots on here? I was wondering if there is hangarage available at Sola? I’d be crazy not to take my Archer up there to tour around on the weekends.

Also, anyone know if there are any restrictions on a temoporary resident (work permit?) keeping a G-reg plane in Norway?

Regards, Jason

Great Oakley, U.K. & KTKI, USA

Welcome

I’m much farther north (ENVA) I have no idea about hangarage, but if it’s like here, it is a question of price (in the end).

There should be no restrictions on EASA aircraft, according to current rules, but check with LT to be sure. I don’t think 6 months would be a problem in any case though.

Also, major importance. Be sure to be a member of an officially registered club (could be English, and also the local club at Sola). Then you will have free parking on all Avinor airports. Avinor is the owner of 90-95% of all commercial airports, incl Sola. Otherwise parking will cost much more than landing fees. If you plan to fly around in the weekends, then you most probably would like to have a permission to use the smaller Avinor airports outside opening hours. You can get such a permission here, but it’s maybe better to just contact Avinor, because it’s all in Norwegian, and the form is confusing enough for us native speaking. There are loads of smaller/private/local airports also, maybe not in Sola area though, but these have to be contacted directly.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

If I can permanently base a G-reg in Gemany – why should (could?) it be a Problem in Norway.

Because Germany is not Norway. N-reg or non-EASA reg is 6 months in general. I don’t think there are any restrictions on EASA reg, but there could be some tax issues for all I know, regulations not covered by LT regulations.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Because Norway is Sovereign state, not in the EU and with regards to EASA: “[Norway] Participates in the activities of EASA under Article 66 of the Basic Regulation and are members of the Management Board without voting rights.”

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Thanks gents for the info. Last time I was up on business, I noticed a number of aircraft parked outside so I presumed that GA was alive and well at Sola.

If the transfer does indeed happen, I wouldn’t be taking the plane up straight away. It would be late Spring so I’d have time to investigate.

Regards, -Jason

Great Oakley, U.K. & KTKI, USA
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message