Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying for business in Europe

Rotterdam (EHRD) is open from 7 in the morning until 23.00 LT at night every day of the year except X-mas day. So, I agree with JasonC that this opens up the possibility to be rather certain of you being able to depart and come back. You need an ILS equipped airport on the other side then as well (ideally).

EDLE, Netherlands

I occasionally have flown for business purposes and have had colleagues accompany me.

However, I learned that they were not covered under the passenger liability section if they were being transported for the purpose of business. By definition they were and even though the aircraft has the usual Private, Pleasure and Business use it only really covered the airframe. Never me as the pilot (of course) but neither my colleague/passengers.

Interestingly, a friend of mine had a Jet Ranger operated on an AOC with full commercial insurance. He had a PPL and it proved impossible for him to transport colleagues too. His policy had the same carve-out as mine even though the policy was adequate for Commercial Air Transport but it provides no help for him as a PPL carrying people he worked with. Enquiring with the insurance company they said this was standard in all aircraft insurance policies where mandatory insurance was already in place. Their argument was that Employers Liability insurance was mandatory in the UK so that policy should provide indemnity in case of a accident/claim so it was excluded in aviation policies. But unfortunately most Employer Liability Insurance only appears to cover employees for public or commercial transport.

We both gave up travelling with colleagues.

Lydd

It would be interesting to understand what cover commercial pilots enjoy when flying Part 91 owners’ aircraft – I always felt it was a grey area.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

PiperArcher wrote:

at least the landing fee’s cant be so bad at Dusseldorf, and they are more welcoming to GA than even a smaller airport like London City.

as the kids would say….ROFLOL

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

PhilG wrote:

But unfortunately most Employer Liability Insurance only appears to cover employees for public or commercial transport.

There is no concept of non-owned aircraft insurance? this does exist for private cars: I don’t recall exact circumstances but it seemed ok to drive a private car with work colleagues (one can even get mileage reimbursements )

It seems grey for aircraft, or one may need to start working hard to climb a random corporate ladder and get a Challenger 650 TR in the meantime

Maybe we should ask Bruce Dickinson?

Last Edited by Ibra at 24 Mar 20:08
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

as the kids would say….ROFLOL

I am not sure of the meaning but for all those who also don’t understand it either, may it be a cryptic comment on LCY not allowing any GA at all?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I am not sure of the meaning but for all those who also don’t understand it either, may it be a cryptic comment on LCY not allowing any GA at all?

Sorry didn’t mean to be cryptic, but has anyone ever tried to get a runway slot at Dusseldorf? We have and it’s difficult and expensive. Of course London City is even more difficult and more expensive.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Pirep here.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Neil wrote:

Sorry didn’t mean to be cryptic, but has anyone ever tried to get a runway slot at Dusseldorf? We have and it’s difficult and expensive. Of course London City is even more difficult and more expensive.

I have never had a problem. Just called German AIS and straightforward and free.

EGTK Oxford

JasonC wrote:

I have never had a problem. Just called German AIS and straightforward and free.

There is a very small charge for the slot via AIS but they will only send an invoice if you exceed a certain amount in a month or so, In all those years I only got one invoice and it was about 5 Euro.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ
Sign in to add your message