Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

State of licence issue change to UK - IR (R)

I have tried to contact the CAA re this matter but I can't get through to them on the phone due to work and they don't seem to reply to emails these days for me... been waiting over 4 weeks for replies to 2 emails so I thought I'd ask here in case someone knows.

Situation is this; I had UK issued JAR licence with an IMC rating on in, which subsequently became an EASA Licence with an IR(R) on it as far as I am aware (never changed it to say EASA on the cover but I gather this was an automatic change last year sometime). I have since had my state of licence issued changed to another European country, who have issued me with a licence with no IR(R) on it (because it doesn't exist to them - right?).

I am now in the most awkward position of having to once again change my state of licence issue (don't ask) to the UK again, and looking at the form I have to fill in what ratings I hold. The IR(R) which I 'hold' but don't have printed on my licence is theoretically valid (If I do actually still have it) until autumn this year.... Can I just list this on the ratings held section on the SOLI change form? I can't figure out whether I actually hold it or not.

To make matters slightly more confusing, I no longer have the logbook which had the details of the IMC rating skills test in it due to some friendly flooding a couple of years ago, but I think that the examiner has a sheet which is sent to the CAA post flight so they should have record of it?

If anyone has any thoughts please share them with me. I am most confused! :D

United Kingdom

You need your reference number with the CAA and they should be able to find the records. Good luck

United Kingdom

If you held the rating then put it down on the application. As you have a CAA reference number all your previous details should still be on record, they may have transferred your medical records but I don't believe they will have deleted anything from their database.

but I think that the examiner has a sheet which is sent to the CAA post flight so they should have record of it?

There is no requirement for an examiner to send any record to the CAA for an IMC renewal he just signs the logbook and most importantly the Certificate of Revalidation. That is the certificate you will need to have certified when you apply. If the examiner has a personal record then he may be able to help you.

3 Posts
Sign in to add your message